• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

will it work?

d_daffron said:
Man just run wheel adapters, I have this exact setup on my ZJ buggy and just now broke a stock shaft. And I'm on 39" reds. If youre beating it so hard that you need full float then you probably need something stronger than a 9" centersection. Also a truck 9" is about 65" wide and a 60 is about 69" wide so a set of 2" wheel adapters will make the front and rear widths about the same.

You think a chromosome 35 spline would hold? Cause that would be simple and cheap.

Re: Re: will it work?

Rokcrler said:
Some of these and use all front spindles out.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FLANGE60&Store_Code=ruffstuff
e2bdf280a3897adfe937f6694856ce57.jpg
I have these on a 9" housing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: will it work?

Mortalis5509 said:
I have these on a 9" housing.

Are these a press fit? Do you have to jig it in some way to and sure it's square? Also is there a spindle and hub combo that would go with this that would give you the extra width o bu full width? Maybe a dualy hub?

SBJeepn said:
You think a chromosome 35 spline would hold? Cause that would be simple and cheap.
I have rode with daffron and that stock 9 takes more abuse than I would expect it too. I'd say slap some chromoly in it and see how long it lasts. May surprise you in a light weight rig. Hell you may cut your kid loose in it and find out you need a 14 bolt

Yup if you need more than 35 spline shafts with adapters then youre probably going to need more than a 9" centersection too.

I'm running these with stock shafts and 39" reds. I didnt want to have a bunch of money tied up in a 9". That way if it wouldnt hold up I wouldnt loose a ton of money. I got 2 years out of stock shafts though so I'm pretty certain I'll get good life out of the cromolys. I recommend you either run adapters and cromoly semi float shafts or go ahead and go with a bigger axle now. A 9" built as strong as a stock 14bolt is going to be pricey.

SBJeepn said:
I think I should probably do a full float. Its in a light weight kids buggy 2500 ish lbs. But it does have 40in stickies? If I did a 35 spline with alloy or 300m shafts would it hold up with just spacers? The motor has 205hp and 225 ftlb.

I'm running 43's on Amazon wheel spacers. So far so good

Re: Re: Re: will it work?

SBJeepn said:
Are these a press fit? Do you have to jig it in some way to and sure it's square? Also is there a spindle and hub combo that would go with this that would give you the extra width o bu full width? Maybe a dualy hub?

They are weld on. You shouldn't need a jig but if the housing is a little undersized like a tire can be, then yes you may but shouldn't in general.

As far as the other part of your question, I don't know. If your putting them on a frabicated housing, you should be able to cut the housing to the width you need without worrying about a special hub set up.

I guess maybe I should clarify a little. My concern with the sf isn't breaking shafts it's bending the flanges on them Nott sure of that changes opinions or not.