• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WillyNilly 2.0

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Sorry, I just saw this. The 38 is small. The A piller at the bottom of the windshield is 44" wide outside.

Wow that's tight, im probably 44in wide shoulder to shoulder... LOL

Very cool rig bty I love the 38 special, It looks too perty to risk trail damage! I am going to have to track down the build thread! Awesome work!

I got in my springless high steer, not bad for a hundred bucks. I didnt have them drilled for heims because I am going to put in a plate to mae them double shear and box them in and it will be easier to drill through both when its done

highsteer.jpg

And i scored an air compressor on cl last night 175 for a 220 volt. the guy says its an 80 gallon I not sure but it sure pumps out some air.

aircompressor.jpg

Yes sir. two of them... LOL not too many people know what a rokon are let alone have one. the blue one is a 76 i think i did a four stroke conversion in it. the red one is a 2000 and i put a 13hp honda race motor and some other cool junk in it... they sure are fun...

HOLY WHAT THA HELL BATMAN........I never even heard of one , much less seen one ...COOL :dblthumb:

Talkin bout strap that thang to a rig for a back to camp parts run mochine :dblthumb:

zukiscott said:
HOLY WHAT THA HELL BATMAN........I never even heard of one , much less seen one ...COOL :dblthumb:

Talkin bout strap that thang to a rig for a back to camp parts run mochine :dblthumb:

Awesome for hunting also, they travel game trails real well and get around good in the snow.

Right before I left for lunch two more boxes showed up also..

everything.jpg

so with a few hours of shop time I got some of it put together

brackets.jpg

here is the front truss mostly welded up (they forgot to ship the two passenger side pieces to it so that keeps me from getting any farther on the front till next week some time.

Front truss on the axle
fronttruss.jpg

Front truss with ram mount and skid.
skid.jpg

a better pic of the skid
skid2.jpg

the rear truss is completly welded up, just have 15 more minutes to finnish weld part of it to the axle and it will be done

reartruss2.jpg

and with the pinion guard and bridge.

reartruss.jpg

I will have the rear truss finnished today and the front skid and hopefully the four link tacked in the rear

Once the front skid is in I should be able to get this deal mounted in there and get my high steer in.

ram.jpg

got up early this am and got rid of some dead weight

oldbrakes.jpg

after drilling and taping the disc brackets for the pistons I put on the disc brakes (thanks for the brackets Kelly)
and did all the finish welding on the rear truss

newbrakes.jpg

and got my lower four link mapped out and welded in the lower control arm brackets

lowercontrolarmbrackets.jpg

with the lower control arm brackets parallel to the ground and the upper brackets on the the truss i ended up with 9.5in of separation. between uppers and lowers.

All I have left for the rear axle is to shave the diff and put in the vertical limits shave kit I have, clean up the diff cover put on the upper control arm brackets and paint! shouldnt take more then an hour or two? LOL

Well got some stuff done tonight, went to the shop and decided to use a big grinder with 7in cut off wheel and a normal grinder with a 4in disc for details, and then a grinding disc to get a good fit... I have done this with sawzalls before and i Liked this much better. So I got my diff cover welded together and put it in place

diffweldeduponthebottom.jpg

marked my cut lines and went to town with the grinder fit the new heavy outer ring heated up the cast and welded it in...

fittingthering.jpg

after two hours of heating and welding heating and welding I ended up with this

shavedtop.jpg

shavedfront.jpg

and this

worknhands.jpg

worknfeet.jpg

yes those are flip flop lines in the dirt on my feet... yea i know im an idiot...

and after it was all said and done wrapped it up in my welding blanket and put it to sleep for the night!

allwrapedupforthenight.jpg

Thanks again kelly for the shave kit, was much easier than the last time i did this!

Got a couple of hours in the shop tonight got the front truss and skid all done and got the lower control arm brackets tacked in... Now I can finish the lower chassis and get the control arms in. Sorry for the crappy pics, guess I should clean the pocket lint off my phone, and maybe open the shop door and let some smoke out.

Skid

finnishedfrontaxle2.jpg

truss

finnishedfrontaxle.jpg

the skid for the diff

diffplate.jpg

brackets

lowerbracketsfront.jpg

got the diff all cleaned up props to kelly for a pretty slick shave kit

finnishedtop-1.jpg

finnishedfront.jpg

Alright time for a little update. I have been sick so I have not been getting anything done, but I did get some done today, and hope to have the rear four link wrapped up by the weekend. anyways heres what I got done tonight.

The lower frame rail cut and welded in with the rear cross member and lower link brackets.

chassiswithrearxmember.jpg

Tested roll cage height with the wide load seat.

wideloadseattestingcageheight.jpg

picked a b pillar pitch and got them welded in...

chassisfront.jpg

chassisside.jpg

Got a little work done last night, got the chassis in place and started on the rear wheel wells. got them tacked in and the top rail bent up. I hope to have it notched and welded in today, and would like to get most of the rear four link stuff welded in.

buggy.jpg

I definatly like how its looking, it will have a 19 inch belly height and 70ish inch roof line

LOL yea that artec stuff looks cool... It came with some thin coating on it almost like galvanize material that sucked but when its cleaned up it looks sharp, cant wait to see some paint on it...

Done for today heres what i got..

sideshot.jpg

oblique.jpg

rear.jpg

and departure angle

back.jpg

Its fun at this stage where everything changes the look so much... here in a few weeks when im doing xmembers and braces etc is the part im not looking forward to.

fronttoback.jpg

The cab space is identical to my ranger race truck. its a comfortable fit with a helmet. I have sat in it with the suspension seat and seem to have plenty of room might be snug if I was racing it and had to have padding and a helmet but otherwise it should be good? LOL I hope.

I had the day off today and got to play for a bit in the shop. cycled the four link and got it welded up and mounted the shocks. Next I will get the motor mounts in and start on the front and get the cage to take shape..

flexshocks.jpg

rearviewshocks.jpg

The four link ended up exactly like I hoped with lowers parallel to the ground at ride height and uppers going uphill. Ended up with a 101.8 anti-squat number... I also got lucky I thought I had plenty of room for my fuel cell and after the shocks were welded in went to test it and it was snug but a good fit!