• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WillyNilly 2.0

blacksheep10 said:
After that it get long, tedious and shitty. :

This weeks motivational poster brought to you by Vertical Limits, and pepsi, makes the world taste better... ;D

LOL my goal is to have it done in the spring. There is a good chance my dad, cousin and two friends are going to purchase a 300 acre plot of land not too far away that is like kansas rocks on steroids! I wheeled it yesterday and if itsbought I will need my buggy asap.

I got a little more done on the jeep... it took forever but I finally got it how i like it...

put together the front of the cab and the rear roll cage and tied it in down to the body I just set the windshield on there and the hood just to get an idea of how it will look I need to cut the bottom off the windshield and build a cowl still

fronttoback-1.jpg

and a pic from the rear

rearcage.jpg

Well I was really disappointed in the lack of work I got done over the Holiday but here is what I got done.

Got the windshield and top center bar of the cage in

fronttoback-2.jpg

Got the door way built only took 5 tries to get 2 right... LOL a lesson to be learned dont work tired. Tried three times last night and couldnt get it right got it right the first two times today...

sideshot-1.jpg

Thanks!! I am really happy with it so far... I cant wait to have it done and be able to wheel it! This is my first attempt at something so complex.

backshot.jpg

No I have been moving my practice to my new building the last few weeks but we are all settled in, and should finnish up the last few things tomorrow, and this week I will clean the shop and be ready to start jammin again.

Tonight is the night.... I have done a bunch of little things like steering, some of the four link tabs etc... , but now I am ready to rock...

I hope to have the front four link and dtrain mounted by weeks end so I can start on cageing in the front end next week.

Thanks for askin, I needed some motivation to get crackin.

Alright got fired back up this week and got a few hours in the shop...

Started off by building the front lower four link bracket, its made out of 2in .250 wall dom and the tcase xmember made out of 1.75 120 wall dom...

xmembers.jpg

Then I built a bushing mount out of some 188wall square tubing cut in 1/3 and then tapered out to hold a 2in .250 wall tube with bushing and got the tcase xmember wrapped up and bolted in

tcasemount.jpg

Then on to the front four link. bot my mount welded in and lower link brackets welded to the axles

lower4linkmount.jpg

And started on mocking in the upper links

lowerlinkdoneuppermockup.jpg

This week I will finish weld the upper and lower control arms
Finnish mount the uppers control arms
Build and mount the tcase output bushing and brackets
And hopefully start designing the front clip

Lamest update ever but im excited. I always work in the shop by myself which makes some of the heavy lifting like putting axles on jack stands and flexing the suspension a pita... So anyways it gets better I bought this yesterday from HF on sale from 270 to 220 then I had a 20 percent off coupon that got it for me for 175, took it home and the hardware kit was missing the 16 bolts to hold on the wheels. I went back to HF and all 8 of the other jacks they had were missing them also, so the mannager gave me another 26 bucks off so I could buy the bolts for my self. So something I have needed for a long time that normaly runs 270 I got for 150...

crane-1.jpg

Wow been over a year since I posted on this. I guess starting my new office has thrown me off a bit in my building.

Here two weeks ago I decided that I was frustrated that I wasnt getting this project done and started getting up at 4:45 3-5 times a week and working for a couple of hours.

I have changed things up a little. I decided not to use any of my old willys parts because I wanted to not destroy them and didnt want to loose visibility..

I started designing the front clip

Then I decided I didnt like the front windshield

I like the new layout quite a bit better

I had intended on mounting the radiator up front all along but after moving the rad in my race truck I decided to put it in the back. I was having a hard time trying to tie the upper and lower bed bars together in a way I liked so I ended up shortening the top bar 6 inches till it intersected the wheel wells and I like how its comeing out.

backshot.jpg

To this

I also picked up a 650hp 383 stoker this guy had built and then got a divorce and needed to unload it. I got a killer deal It should move this buggy around pretty well..

Yea visibility is good with no windshield!! LOL The tapered windshield makes it a little tougher to crawl in and out of..

I am going to push the front end forward a little to get a little more separation from the headers. I have a serpentine pulley kit that I am putting on that will allow me to move the motor forward 2 inches and still leave the motor an inch behind the front truss. I hope that's enough. I assume that if I get the front axle into the motor I have bigger problems.... LOL I am going to push the front axle forward 4 inches and the motor a total of 6 giving my feet plenty of room.

B5515CED-469F-4E6D-A880-C115C98D1B8E-3345-00000102B8609FB0_zps343f9b2b.jpg

Got a little work done this weekend. Took forever to get the first bars done like I wanted. I hope to get the get the front clip done this week!

Well I am hoping to be driving this thing by mid September. Not sure if that is realistic given my 12 hours a week I get to work on it but I sure hope to drive it before snow comes!

I hope to have the cage done this week so I can pull the drive train over the weekend and finish weld it next week.
Then the fun will begin. plumbing, brakes, wiring, etc.

Latest posts