• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WillyNilly 2.0

It's been a long time since I have posted. Wanted to wait till it looked different. Spent the last two weeks trying to have her full roller and was finally able to roll her out of the shop for the first time ever.

Thanks to some awesome friends for helping me bust it out over the last two weeks. Without them I wouldn't have gotten this far. Now it's off to a shop for the electrical and plumbing. Hope to drive it this year after all.

Looks good...I also like the lines of a full bodied rig that you've got going on with it. Only question I have is why you don't have any supports/braces between the bed rail hoop and the rear fender tube? I realize it's "just a fender" but your cage is tied into the bed rail hoop with no support under where it meets up.

Just curious since it's already painted...

Thanks I'm glad I didn't give up too. Can't wait to drive it. I went back and forth on the support under the back of the cage. I am not totally done with fab but I wanted to paint it before sending it to the other shop since it will be more of a pain with seats. But I couldn't see it adding much structure to add to the fender. The shocks attach to the bottom of the cage so in a roll the fender wouldn't add a lot. I may add something there before I wheel it but not too sure.

Well it's been a long time but she is finally almost done. I haven't gotten to wheel her yet but I did get to drive the kids to school. Lol
During the life of this project it started as a 1951 Willys jeep. I graduated highschool. It became fiberglass I got married. I had two kids graduated college it got stolen by a shop. I got it back. I graduated grad school. I cut it to pieces. Got divorced and remarried. With two more kids. Started a business and started building a house and then finished the buggy.

And after 11 years she drives again for the first time.

WillyNilly 2.0

X2 looks great always feels good to be at the pic taking stage. Good job

Hey, is that guy in the black shirt the guy that plays Eddy Munster in all those black n whites?

No on the munsters. Lol. But my nose hairs were paint stuck together for a week after that

Thanks guys. It's nice to be at the pic phase.

Tires are a 42 on Hummer rims.

Just curious what did you paint it with? I believe we did the same color.
You haven't posted any wheeling pics or videos how is it doing?
Anything you would change if you had a redo?

They do look like the same color. I did rustolium blue. Eventually I will break down for powder. I have had it out a few times now but it got super cold here about the time I finnished up. I haven't done any videos yet. But I think the only thing I might have changed would be 2 in more head room. I was a bit smaller when I designed this than when I finnished it. I fit pretty good but snug those belts when stomping on it. Other than that it has been flawless. I have been in several situations where other very capable buggies were on two or three wheels and haven't felt unstable at all. When I mash on it I don't ever get wheel hop. It doesn't seem to squat under acceleration or dive under braking.

I guess I wish I had done a 14 bolt or 80 front. I haven't broken yet so I can't complain. All in all I couldn't. Be happier. I'll get some vid this summer when temps are above freezing.

How about yours any changes? What color?

Krylon patriotic blue.
I'm stupid happy with mine.
With running rockwels, I wish I would have done rear steer.
I've had it out 4 times and drive it way harder than I thought I would nothing broke. I do have plenty of room for improvement. I cut a lot of corners just to get it done.

It's crazy what you can do in a buggy that just doesn't work in even a capable trail rig. I'm sure I will want to tweak a few things at some point that's why it's rattle canned for now. Eventually I will probably break it down and have it powder coated. Maybe swap my torque converter to a higher stall for this motor.

The only reason I haven't done powder is because I wanted to be able to tweak suspension of needed.

I did leave enough room to go rear steer if I ever wanted. Which I'm sure I will eventually.