• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windows 10?

tyleecw

Anybody have it yet? How is it compared to 8.1?
I keep getting the free upgrade message but, don't know anything about it. Windows 8 was a big change, kind of. Is it better or worse?

Re:

Hell windows 8 seems like tablet stuff, I heard 10 was more like 7, I reserved my free upgrade but have not used it yet.

Just got off of a Windows 10 computer. Sucked ****ing balls. Confusing as all hell. Took 2 hours to download ABS ECM troubleshooting software before the driver said **** it, I'd rather deal with DOT.

ive had it for a couple months. Windows 8 was horrible b/c its seems made for a tablet with touch screen. I use a laptop with mouse pad and no touch screen so I never have liked the layout. Plus if I swipe the mouse pad to close to the right side in a leftward motion a stupid menu would always pop out of the right side of screen. It got old fast. And seems like i'd hit a button and the tile screen would pop up. Took forever to figure out how to get out of that nonsense in the begining.

Windows 10 did away with that nonsense popping out of side of screen and seems like the version before 8 but still has that tile bs if you want it. So far I like it but heck all i do is open laptop and hit the chrome icon and surf the web. I havent explored the menus too much to give an in depth opinion but I can say im glad i updated.

My new laptop for work has windows 10. It isn't awful. It's labeled a little differently but pretty easy to navigate and install programs or change programs around. Our estimating software is a PITA to install but I was able to figure it out pretty quickly. I'll be getting super friendly with it come Monday, so I will report back then...lol

I've been using 8 for a couple years and it did take some getting use to. After that I started to like/tolerate it. 8 does have some pretty cool features like syncing between computers on some stuff when logged in to you account. Helps between work and home.
So, I'm guessing 10 is a mix between 7 and 8 or something entirely new?

My Windows 7 pc crashed last year so I bought a Lenovo with Win 8.1 on it and have loved it so far. So much that I am hesitant to upgrade to Win 10, because I'm used to it and really have zero complaints. I'm not sure if they all are like it, but on the tiled screen in the bottom left, it says "desktop" click that and everything is all normal...and it stays on desktop until you manually return to the tiles....so essentially, it's no different than 7 to me overall, and runs super fast on the Lenovo. Which could be because I actually learned my pc specs before I bought and bought one with some pretty good components in it.

I wonder how long the Win 10 free upgrade will be available? I have mine reserved and it keeps prompting me to upgrade, I just keep putting it off because I don't think I want to.

Don't do it. Wait for improved version. I messed up and did it 90 days or so ago. 10 wants you to use Microsoft Edge for surfing the web (it sucks), you can still use explorer but they hide it so it's aggravating to use. Before with 8.1 never got error messages, never got screen lock up........now I'm getting both and scripting errors too.