• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

windrock campground... wtf!!!!!

crumski1

ever time we stay at windrock campground they got a new stupid ass rule. so went this past weekend and friend of mine we was stayin with has a camper that sleeps 10 people so they gonna tell us that your only allowed 6 people to a campsite including kids no matter how many people yur camper sleeps told us that if we was gonna have that many people we need to rent two campsites and then we could just use the second one for parking. we been goin to windrock for the last 10 or 12 years (have a yearly pass from the past 8 years) way before the campground was ever built we have already quit goin to the spring an fall jamborees because the security is so bad its always sumthn with them, your radio is to loud, your fire is to big, if your goin over 5mph your goin to fast, dont be revin your motor dont get me wrong i dont want to disrespect any of my fellow campers but if your gonna cater to a 4wheelin community there gonna b a few thats a little more into it than others. thats bout like goin to a bike rally an not wantin to see any motorcycles its not gonna happen!!! they have awsome ridin there but my camping trips are done!!!! :flipgotcha:

I have had the same experience and when camping would rather go somewhere else! Brimstone is a great place to camp with no hassle but now they have issues with their trails.

If you want to camp, I'd go down the road about an hour to Golden Mtn.

Camp as many as you want, ride all night, whatever.

And you don't have to have drive 5 miles of paved roads to get to the trails.

I like windrock for a day ride, but that's about it. Costs too much to ride and camp per person when you can get into pretty much any park for the weekend for 1/2 the money (on non-event weekends)

I have to agree with TBI Toy on GMP. Reasonable folks and reasonable prices for the experience you get.

Last trip to windrock about a month ago we stayed at windrock campground and that place always rubs me the wrong way. All the staff cares about is squeezing more money out of their campers all while being speed limit nazis. They even made us ride back over to the camp site to put pieces of paper on the dash boards of our trucks before we went riding. I go wheeling to relax not follow a billion rules.

The second day rig wasn't running right so I spent most of one day in camp working on it. During that time I saw about half a dozen sedans and other cars obviously not there for the wheelin cruise by real slow snooping around. That was a little concerning given the top dollar they charge to stay there.

well im glad to c its just not me. we have been to gmp on a day ride but never camped they seemed like nice people we camped at brimstone and black mountain in harlan and never had a problem anywhere but windrock. the only reason we go there is it is some good ridin and its pretty close to were i live. im sure we will b back for some day rides but the campground can kiss ass!!!!!!!!

Walt83 said:
I have had the same experience and when camping would rather go somewhere else! Brimstone is a great place to camp with no hassle but now they have issues with their trails.
What's going on with Brimstone's trails? A group of us are planning a trip there in a couple months and was curious.

Okay, I'm not much for chiming in but I live here in knoxville and I've been riding at windrock since before you had to pay. They have simply become some greedy bastards. This is the first year in many that I have been thinking about not getting a year pass for me and the wife. I love the riding there and it is 30 miles from home but dammit enough is enough. Why should everyone in the vehicle have to have a pass. Such bulla-sheet!!!! Thinking about saving my 200$ or so for the two passes and putting it toward the diesel bill it will take to go to black mtn in Harlan and golden mtn where they aren't such stingy bastards. If windrock isn't careful they are going to run everyone off and they will have to rely on the mining only. That will be a shame considering they have such awesome riding. I just don't understand the greed. I mean come the hell on people. A few years ago you had to wait to go up rattle rock, the last couple years it is a ghost town. Seems its already having an impact. Hopefully someone that matters there will see all this and get the effin message!!!!

windrock should put in a stage have live bands, wet t-shirt contest flashemifyougotem and start selling beer :drinkers:.. just sayin, it would be sum good public relations.......