• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wizzo's buggy

wizzo

After beat'n up my Toyota pretty good, i decided it was time for a tube chassis. i need something that will hopefully last for a good while and take some abuse. i kept just a few parts from my yota to use in the buggy.

specs are:
6.0L stock internals (for now) w/ efi live tune, kevko pan, hooker headers
th350 rebuilt by WOD (from yota)
dana 300 with jb conversions 32 spline outputs and 1350 yokes
dana 60 front w/ 5.13 gears, welded, artec truss, ctm joints, superior shafts throughout, yukon drive flanges, 1350 yoke
14 bolt rear w/ 5.13 gears, welded, artec truss and bridge, gubni disc brake conversion, 1350 yoke
PSC full hydro sytem w/ double ended ram (from yota)
2" 7075 lowers w/ 1.25 QA1 heims from WOD
1 3/4 uppers w/ 7/8 ruff stuff heims
14" bilstein coilovers front
17" bilstein coilovers rear
corbeau seats and harnesses (from yota)
16 gallon fuel cell with walbro internal pick ups from WOD
39" red labels (from yota) on 17" KMC bead locks

Few pics

SANY1439.jpg

SANY1461.jpg

SANY1510.jpg

SANY1556.jpg

SANY1576.jpg

SANY1551.jpg

SANY1584.jpg

SANY1572.jpg

SANY1594.jpg

SANY1601.jpg

this is how it's sit'n at the moment

SANY1626.jpg

SANY1627.jpg

SANY1629.jpg

still got a ways, need to wire, plumb, make aluminum floors, panals and skins and i'm sure few other things but hope to be finishing this up in the next lil bit :driving:

engine firewall is done, part of the floors are in. working on plumbing when i have time this week. so not a whole lot to see right now but making progress. going to summertown and wooly's this weekend so nothing major will get done until the following weekend.

oneton - you started on that chassis you picked up?

fuel system is plumbed, radiator lines are run, coils are on. took it up to my buddy josh's shop on sunday and he wired the engine and helped joe and i work on the floor. got the buggy over at my work and i'll be coming in and knock'n out about 3 hrs before work starts until this is done.

SANY1633.jpg

SANY1634.jpg

SANY1631.jpg

SANY1635.jpg

belly skid
SANY1690.jpg

engine skid
SANY1692.jpg

SANY1689.jpg

SANY1687.jpg

arp studs finally showed up today, front end will go back together tonight and goin for a test ride tomorrow. hopefully it will get skins and a hood before new years......

first trip out went great! have some cable linkage problems at the transfer case, it's get'n fixed at the moment. skins and hood next week

no hood or skins
SANY1695.jpg

SANY1694.jpg

thanks! got the hose from a local rubber and gasket company. they said it would hold up to the water temps and pressure, it's pretty thick. not sure what it's called or the brand. i can get more info if you like, just let me know.

zjtrey said:
great looking buggy dude!

what kind of hose are u running for the radiator?

Thanks!

if you don't care id like to know more..

I'm running hydraulic return line for mine and it needs to be replaced because i've had to couple it too many times- hopefully i can find something a little cheaper to replace it

zjtrey said:
if you don't care id like to know more..

I'm running hydraulic return line for mine and it needs to be replaced because i've had to couple it too many times- hopefully i can find something a little cheaper to replace it

While not very cheap this is what i am running on my buggy.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FRA-862016/

Or if you want something that can handle a little higher temp they have this but its a good bit more and has a smaller ID.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FRA-841016/

Latest posts