• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired www.40spline.com

mrdrinksalil said:
www.40spline.com

Anyone know who's behind this? Looks like they are buildin a 40 spline 14bolt spool.

We're behind it ;D Our goal is to expand the aftermarket offerings for the 14 bolt which we believe to be the best axle for east coast style riding all the way from trail riding to full on racing. We plan to offer only the best, USA designed and manufactured parts for your 14 bolt axle and to keep these parts in stock for quick turnaround time. No more waiting on custom parts.

The first product we're bringing to market is a true forged 14 bolt spool, designed and manufactured from the ground up for the 14 bolt which will be available in stock 30 spline, 35 spline, and 40 spline. We felt like the spool offerings for the 14 bolt were lacking and so we went to work to design what we think is best spool on the market today for this axle. The product was 6 months in the making and should be on the shelf ready to ship sometime in February. We have a handful of other exciting products for the 14 bolt in the R&D chain that I know you guys will love so be sure to keep an eye on us for future updates.

I've been a member here for quite a number of years, most of you probably know me either online or from various trail rides. Hopefully you guys like what we have to offer and my personal goal is to provide everyone with a 14 bolt parts that they can beat on with no worries for years to come. NEVER LIFT! :woot:

Here's some eye candy of our first spool. This particular unit is in the 40 spline flavor for those that really embrace never lifting

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 738
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 730
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 721
We're still tweaking final pricing but for the 40 spline spool it's looking like it will retail for $649.99 on our website with free shipping to the continental US. Definitely no more than that and we may run some introductory promos :dblthumb:

edit: I realized you may not have been specifically asking about the 40 spline. Here's the pricing on our other models. They are all the same spool, just broached to a different spline so you can expect the exact same quality.
30 spline - $449.99
35 spline - $599.99

All those prices are with free shipping. One of my pet peeves is finding a good price on a website only to add to my cart and go through the checkout process and get crushed with shipping and handling charges. We aim to eliminate those hassles. Everything we sell on our website will include free shipping to the continental US.

WHy $200 more dollars for 40 spline if they are all made from the same blank :wtflol:

The machining process is the same... (unless you had to buy/make a custom broach for 40 spline that you're having to recoup cost on??)

TBItoy said:
WHy $200 more dollars for 40 spline if they are all made from the same blank :wtflol:

The machining process is the same... (unless you had to buy/make a custom broach for 40 spline that you're having to recoup cost on??)

was wondering the same thing

TBItoy said:

Good question. It's actually the exact opposite. We already had a 40 spline and 35 spline broach but had to get a custom broach made for the 30 spline units since the stock 14 bolt 30 spline is not particularly common in the aftermarket world. The reason for the lower pricing is competition. There's a lot of Chinese imported crap out there in the 30 spline variant that we have to compete with and there's some big volume vendors pushing it.

We know that our product is far superior and many of our customers will understand that. However, price is still king so we just have to hope to move more volume while making a lot less money. Unfortunately, we're barely breaking even at that price point but it's more important to us to try and get our spools off the shelf and into the hands of you guys at a competitive price even if that means taking a lick on margin.

40 spline is still fairly new in this sport but we are tying to make it more accessible to the masses and not just racers. I really need to sell all our spools at $649.99 to recoup my costs on tooling, forging dies, inventory, etc but I don't see many people willing to pay that when they can get a brand Y import spool for $300 shipped to their door. I initially had no plans to offer a 30 spline or 35 spline version but my hope is that the volume of the more common 30 and 35 spline units will help drive our production as well as make us a little money so we can continue to R&D more parts that we think you guys will love.

Hope that's a reasonable explanation, this won't work without all of y'all support. We are definitely open to criticism and critique and we will strive to be the best vendor for you guys that we can.

TBItoy said:
Gotcha.

They should move nicely for people that want to stick with the stock 14b 30 spline for rear axles.

I see what you're saying when you're competing against these guys for the stock spline spool market http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-131117-14-bolt-spool.html

$150 more (when you consider shipping) for grade A - American Made Beef really isn't that much in the whole scheme of things.

:dblthumb:

That was our thought exactly and we hope our customers will see it the same way. Some won't but that is ok, competition is a good thing. We also have another product up our sleeve that is in R&D right now that we plan to pair with the 30 spline spool to make that option even more appealing. I can't give any details yet but I think you guys are going to love it :dblthumb:

Spools can be created a variety of ways and most people look at them as a means to lock up the axle. We however look at the spool as a strengthening aspect of the entire diff. Throw one of our units in your axle and the entire diff is stronger as a result. Here is a general bullet list that applies to all the spools we will be selling.

-100% Designed and manufactured in the USA
-Forged out of 4140 aircraft alloy steel
-Precision machined on state of the art CNC machinery
-Final grinding process ensures a near zero run out on ring gear mounting surface
-Engineered to prevent ring gear deflection while still allowing significant weight savings
-Heat treated with through hardening process

Re: Re: Re: www.40spline.com

40spline.com said:
That was our thought exactly and we hope our customers will see it the same way. Some won't but that is ok, competition is a good thing. We also have another product up our sleeve that is in R&D right now that we plan to pair with the 30 spline spool to make that option even more appealing. I can't give any details yet but I think you guys are going to love it :dblthumb:

Spools can be created a variety of ways and most people look at them as a means to lock up the axle. We however look at the spool as a strengthening aspect of the entire diff. Throw one of our units in your axle and the entire diff is stronger as a result. Here is a general bullet list that applies to all the spools we will be selling.

-100% Designed and manufactured in the USA
-Forged out of 4140 aircraft alloy steel
-Precision machined on state of the art CNC machinery
-Final grinding process ensures a near zero run out on ring gear mounting surface
-Engineered to prevent ring gear deflection while still allowing significant weight savings
-Heat treated with through hardening process

I speculate double splined 30 spline 14b shafts and drive flanges for rear axle.....?

That would be cool

93puggy said:
Any speculation to when your going to be opening in 2014?

All the hard work has been done on the spools. We've got 100 forgings sitting on the shop floor waiting on machine time. After the holidays we'll crank those out and I expect to have product on the shelf ready to ship sometime in February.

Just as a feeler, is anyone interested in a 35 spline spool for the 14B? We can do it, just not sure if anyone would want it.

We've been completely dissatisfied with the selection of 14 Bolt ring gear bolts readily available on the market so we put together our own kit. Are people seriously paying ~$5.00 per bolt from the aftermarket? Ours are matched to our spools, this takes the guess work out if you want a clean install with new bolts.

$39.99 shipped

Attachments

• bolts01.jpg
    bolts01.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 89
  • bolts02.jpg
    bolts02.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 481
if you're are building a 14 bolt front and already have some $$$$$$ invested in nice 4340 or 300m shafts, then I think 35 spline will be a great option.

NEVER LIFT!

Latest posts