• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

x

Re: Hunting a Trailer

Wish I was any help. If trailers are cheaper up here or if you want me to look I'd ab happy to.

Any chance to remove the lift on the current Dmax?

I stayed in Surveyboy's "work and play" gooseneck toy hauler it was very nice... search em!

Mike George had a bad ass 28 foot enclosed bumper pull with the big axles and an aluminum floor if he still wants to sell it. I was gonna buy it but i sold my buggy. The trailer was white and it had all of the aluminum cabinets in it

Lift the trailer... leave it with kelly. I've seen it done and done safely. Doesnt need to be lifted THAT much.

Bumper pull wouldn't be a bad deal either. That brand I reccomended makes both bumper pull and goose.

the one you have pictured is perfect but fitting 2 buggies?i have looked at all kinds of trailers and motorhomes and i like choice B the biggest problem i found are the garage space on most toyhauler/living quarter trailers the garage space is limited to 16 -18 ft barley enough for ine buggy . on another note gossenecks pull better plus the room over the neck is a plus...jimbo from tennessee had a bad ass one for sale a while back he may still have it try him and see...ok looked at a couple class c style motorhomes chev 5500 chassis 04-05 running 45 -50k range i couldn't justify that much coin for my 1 time a month rides but it may suit you better. a nice trailer will cost ya 20k plus from what i seen so a motor home may work for ya. i bought a 30 foot toyhauler raised ceiling pretty rough but pulls fine has 4400 generator shower roof air triple axle nothing special for 7500...financing on the motorhomes are crazy.hell they will not finance one under 15 yrs and go out to 30 yrs great rates like 6% interest.good luck...

Gooseneck and dont look back. Adjust the tounge up on it and flip the axles on the trailer. PIMP. After towing with a goose for over a year now, it would be hard to go back to a BP. My d max used to have a 2" lift and 35s and sat as high as z71s with 6" and 35s, and the tonge on my GN will still go up another 3 inches or so. Or is the tounge not adjustable on the enclosed? I am drunk and cannot spell tounge dammit molaugh

If my wife was going a lot, I would get a used Diesel pusher....buddy had one in CO this week.....60k on it.....$40,000. It was NICE. Hook a steel 26' bumperpull behind it and haul your two rigs.....sleep sound. Have a place for your pretty wife and tongue sticking kid to hang in the A/C and watch Barney.

If I did not have a 'free' truck, that would be the way I would go. If you want an RV product; I have the hookup for you. PM me.

We might sell my 2002 extreme 30' txu toyhauler three axles slept 6 at XRRA and RROCK event no problem. 25 gallon fuel cell with pump handle and feeds generator, full bath, ac, icemaker, fridge, stove, microwave, 4 rechargeable radios, stereo with outdoor speakers, canopy, and fits a tj on 35" and a 750 brute force easily with room left still to get in the front door.

I would get a GN if you are going with an enclosed. The enclosed BP's pull like **** from everybody I have ever talked to

Matt O. said:
I would get a GN if you are going with an enclosed. The enclosed BP's pull like **** from everybody I have ever talked to

I used to pull a bumper pull enclosed, never a problem as long as you had load leveling hitch with sway bars. Probably put 40,000 miles on that trailer when we were racing. Towed it with a Chevy Dually gas burner.

John is right, with the right hitch set up a bumper pull is not bad. We have a 34ft bumper pull camper and use the hitch in the link below. We had a standard sway system before and when we changed to this setup it was like night and day.

http://www.equalizerhitch.com/

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I used to pull a bumper pull enclosed, never a problem as long as you had load leveling hitch with sway bars. Probably put 40,000 miles on that trailer when we were racing. Towed it with a Chevy Dually gas burner.
yup, with all the right load levelers and sways and a dually, you can get one to trail well. but the rear of your frame still wan't made to put up with the **** most bumper pullers put it through. GN FTW. If you find a screaming deal on a BP, trigger it, but other than that, GN it.