• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

XJ Tire choices need input xj guys

Swamper's or BFG's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dubshot

Alright here goes Im about to build my budget beater xj and need some input.. I am going to run rusty's 3" front coils, 1 1/2 blocks and 1 1/2 shackles giving me 3" without having to change lower control arm. I have two sets of tires to choose from.. I have not started my build thread because I have not started or even ordered parts yet.. Both tires have their ups and does to tell me what you think..

32x9.5x15r Super Swampers 70%

32x11.5x15r BFG mud terrains with about 60%

I don't have an XJ, but...........

My buddy does, and he gets picked on by cops for how much tire sits out from the front fenders. That, and skinnier tires are easier on MPG's and bearings if we are talking budget. I like the skinny look anyway.

I vote for lower control arms. At least consider it.

I have 2" coils on mine and downtravel is limited by the lower control arms binding at the axle. It's not a problem for my DD but on a wheeler... don't go too far from the trailer.

I Would sudgest buying a set of Adjustable lowers!!..well thats if you want even wear and dont want your camber to take a ****!!

my front axle is sitting about 1-2" back in the fire wall do to having non-adjustable lowers and 3inch coils and 2 inch pucks...

but thats all coming off and being replaced with some home-brew swapmeet special longarms:redneck:...

Oh, REPLACE YOUR TRACKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X2 on the LCA's; mine's got a 3", and they do bind---but mine's a DD hunting rig, not a wheeler......yet.:D
My vote gets the 32" BFG's, I've had the 32" skinny TSL's on my sami and I didn't care for 'em at all!!! (my 31" TSL's did better on the same rig).....

So I am going to sell the swampers.. I thought they sucked on my samurai as well and wasnt sure if it was just the samurai.. I just got my lift today and it was a great deal should net around 5 1/2" he was running it without a SYE with no problems. Kit came with 2 sets of fixed LCA's ones rubicon the other is a bent style with a gusset maybe procomp not sure has red bushings (might sell both sets for 100$ each to get adjustable with a good joint. Also came with rubicon express 3 1/2 coils, 2" pucks, control arm drop brackets, t-case drop, quick disconnects, shocks, adjustable trak bar and track bar. Rear was add a leafs :puke: 2" blocks and new ubolts. I have a set of s-10's im going to make a bastard pack because I heard it flexes well. Not sure if I should relocate my my rear shackle if I use the xj main however. Oh the lift only ran me 350$ I knew if I was patient id get a deal! :cool: ill take pictures of the short build. also plan to make a front winch bumper, rock sliders, I got from a buddy that works at a fab shop.. also for you xj guys tj brakelines are longer than xj's and bolt right in on the front

quit ****ing with those station wagons. up. down. front. back. complete garbage anyway you look at it.

No i wont just because they left some salty ball sweat taste in your mouth.. I do not care about your opinion im building it so I have something to wheel until i complete my 4runner. I dont give a **** if the unibody is weak so far im in this thing 625$ with everything. Thats enough to get me back on the trails and having some fun.. :flipoff:

No i wont just because they left some salty ball sweat taste in your mouth.. I do not care about your opinion im building it so I have something to wheel until i complete my 4runner. I dont give a **** if the unibody is weak so far im in this thing 625$ with everything. Thats enough to get me back on the trails and having some fun.. :flipoff:

Whats going to happen is you'll spend time wheeling and fixing that POS instead of working on your runner. :haha:

Balls are salty? I wouldn't know. you must speak from experience :eeek:

Yeah id claim that too if I ate them for din din everynight.. I will not spend anymoney on fixing it. It will do just fine :fawkdancesmiley: