• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

XS power or Odyssey

payne97

gas the **** out of it
Looking to buy a good battery that I don't have to replace I know some people with problems with new optima the older ones are good for the newer ones are made in Mexico
What is the best batteries for offroad
What are you running

Re: Re: XS power or Odyssey

Odyssey. Hands down. Carquest has their brand of odyssey's deep cycle batteries. I've ran one for about two years now, no complaints. Before this I went through six optimas in 4 yrs over two different jeeps.

If you go odyssey I'd buy it from batteries plus. if you buy it there they will warranty it. if not they will not. I've gone through 3 in under 2 years. if you let them go dead they are normally junk.

Re:

Odyssey sells a charger specifically for their batteries. The everyday trickle chargers apparently don't have enough amps? Volts? (Can't remember which) and will actually not charge the battery to full charge shortening the life if it.

This is coming for a phone conversation with a representative of Odyssey fwiw.

The first odyssey lasted about 3 yrs, I never charged it. I am in my second and it has performed well for the past year. I need to get their charger and see if it will last longer than the first.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I used a battery in WFO that Batteries Plus sells. It's from across the pond and called a Werker. It is smaller than an Optima with more cca. I don't know about longevity since it's only been in service for about 9 months but so far so good.

Latest posts