• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ Cage

4xjunkie

Alright I have tried to do google search, but have not come up with much.

I am looking for YJ cage, not a basic add on, a complete cage with some proper design in it, preferred with seat mounts, and fit under a hardtop.

I am not finding much, just basic cage add-ons, a few semi complete cages, but I don't like the basic design, not much support.

I prefer raised spreaders, most out there are straight.

I have heard bad things about the PSC cage, not to mention it stated that it used the windshield as part of the structural strength.

So I am wondering if anybody knows of some places that has YJ cages that are descent.

find someone with a bender and make your own.

there are many local places you can have one made if you dont have the time or patience.

crashfab
S & N

im sure there are many others.

Hey, this could be where I come in on the project.....

Do you have a bender, with a 1.75" die??

I thought about buying a bender and doing myself, but being short on time, I don't think I have got enough time for the learning curve. ( only two months left, not sweating yet, but getting close)

Have access to one....and yes, I believe it does....You get it running yet??

Last edited:
Dean at Bent Metal Customs 253-222-4890 in Puyallup. He does alot of rollcages. Nice work too. The next issue of Crawl Magazine should have a YJ he did a full cage in.

needs more triangulation,,,, seriously.

Hence the add to it later.

My thought was that I like doing stuff myself but benders are 'spensive so I was gonna start by practicing my notching and welding skills and then try some bending on the next project. I do have some fab skills but haven't done it in years, I'm a carpenter:beer:

Just a thought as a DIY alternative to having one built.

years ago I bought a pre-bent cage and such. welded it in all that, but I didn;t trust it. Probably would of been fine but wanted better, so I paid Pat to build me my cage. Best money I ever spent

years ago I bought a pre-bent cage and such. welded it in all that, but I didn;t trust it. Probably would of been fine but wanted better, so I paid Pat to build me my cage. Best money I ever spent

Before I venture down the same path-
what about it didn't you trust?
Your welds? The bends? The design? The material?
And what is different about what you have now?
What is the cost difference?

Before I venture down the same path-
what about it didn't you trust?
Your welds? The bends? The design? The material?
And what is different about what you have now?
What is the cost difference?

I didn't trust the design and material. I dont think it was DOM because of the price.

Now I have a DOM 6 point cage, tied into the frame, custom built br Pat @ those guys rod and custom's. Cost a bit more but I have rolled and flopped this thing and it's like rolling a brick down a hill, solid.

Dean at Bent Metal Customs 253-222-4890 in Puyallup. He does alot of rollcages. Nice work too. The next issue of Crawl Magazine should have a YJ he did a full cage in.

X2 on Dean @ Bent Metal Customs. And yes it will be in CRAWL soon!

152sublymejid3.jpg

I have heard bad things about the PSC cage, not to mention it stated that it used the windshield as part of the structural strength.
I am pretty sure you could put the PSC CJ7 cage in a YJ...it doesn't use the windshield or dash for structure. You could easily add bars to tie in into the frame & mount the seats.
9422_lg.jpg