• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yukon shafts

muddinmetal said:
It is a precision ujoint.... owned by Moog
Ding ding ding. I wasn't the original builder to this axle, so assumption got the best of me.
I also notice a bearing cap dug into my knuckle, but doesn't look like it will effect anything. There is no cracking surrounding it, so I doubt I'll try and weld it in.
878e28f1100860da045d7ad8ca3a5d4a.jpg

Re:

I was googling yukon joints and came upon this. Never knew Walmart carried Yukon products??? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Yukon-Gear-Axle-YP-SJ-733X-732-U-Joint/113243742?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=620&adid=22222222228042540875&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=107041761317&wl4=pla-297422172077&wl5=9014964&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112354258&wl11=online&wl12=113243742&wl13=&veh=sem

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

onepieceatatime said:
I was googling yukon joints and came upon this. Never knew Walmart carried Yukon products??? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Yukon-Gear-Axle-YP-SJ-733X-732-U-Joint/113243742?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=620&adid=22222222228042540875&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=107041761317&wl4=pla-297422172077&wl5=9014964&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112354258&wl11=online&wl12=113243742&wl13=&veh=sem

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Damn. lol. I've found they sell even larger stuff, such as industrial tooling on the site to store section. Unfortunately you will get popped with sales tax when buying from them.

RebelRider said:
Ding ding ding. I wasn't the original builder to this axle, so assumption got the best of me.
I also notice a bearing cap dug into my knuckle, but doesn't look like it will effect anything. There is no cracking surrounding it, so I doubt I'll try and weld it in.
878e28f1100860da045d7ad8ca3a5d4a.jpg

Is that a crack at the top of the pic?

Re:

tonybolton said:
Like I said earlier...been running them a long time.....greasem....avoid undercuts....no full lock throttle bounces.

Some say Non greasable....some don't. I like the greasable.

I'm running yukons with spicer non greasable. I just changed a 4yr old set out just to be safe.. But they were still in good shape. Still full of grease and smooth turning. I just figured after 4 yrs and no new grease I'd try preventative mateniance for a change.

New Yukons are on their way. Anyone have a use for my busted ones for a custom job? If so, please don't try and turn them in under warranty. It's the same as stealing.

CarolinaCrawler1 said:
I know it a little late, but ECGS has got the best deal hands down.

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/threads/usa-made-d60-d44-stub-shafts.136205/

Lifetime warranty at a great cost. Half the price of rcv's.

Best raise them hands up ! Daves had the best prices when I bought mine. The last time I pm'ed ecgs for some prices i never got a response .... now, I'm sure that's not normal for them but it sealed the deal for me.

tonybolton said:
and yes, the "name brand" they DONT speak of is Yukon stuff......every time I ordered D44 stuff listed like that, the white and purple box always showed up.

No sir. That is not correct. The american made shafts are FOOTE shafts (previously made superior i believe) and they are a huge upgrade to the Yukon. Trust me. I have been through alot of Yukons and spicer joints (i can take a picture of my bone yard beside my shop with all the money i have wasted). If you dont beat on your rig then Spicers will work fine. They did for me quite awhile when i was on nonsticky 40's.

Yukon, is much like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get and just hope the chinese man who made them drank his coffee that morning. I have had some yukon shafts that seamed very made, and then some that were junk. I just dont believe the QC is that great with Yukon.

74_Chevota said:
No sir. That is not correct. The american made shafts are FOOTE shafts (previously made superior i believe) and they are a huge upgrade to the Yukon. Trust me. I have been through alot of Yukons and spicer joints (i can take a picture of my bone yard beside my shop with all the money i have wasted). If you dont beat on your rig then Spicers will work fine. They did for me quite awhile when i was on nonsticky 40's.

Yukon, is much like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get and just hope the chinese man who made them drank his coffee that morning. I have had some yukon shafts that seamed very made, and then some that were junk. I just dont believe the QC is that great with Yukon.

The SKU shown on that link is for USA Standard, AKA Yukon.

Wide Open seems to have a good deal. I've emailed them and they are Yukon kits as well. $760 for the GM set up and Spicers are free while the super joints are an upgrade.

http://www.wideopendesign.com/Product/11592/4340-Chrome-Moly-Axle-Kits.aspx

617_Racing said:
The SKU shown on that link is for USA Standard, AKA Yukon.

Wide Open seems to have a good deal. I've emailed them and they are Yukon kits as well. $760 for the GM set up and Spicers are free while the super joints are an upgrade.

http://www.wideopendesign.com/Product/11592/4340-Chrome-Moly-Axle-Kits.aspx

Im talking about the ECGS link posted previously. Sorry the link attached was confusing.

** link deleted in above post for clarity.**

74_Chevota said:
Im talking about the ECGS link posted previously. Sorry the link attached was confusing.

** link deleted in above post for clarity.**

I see now. The stubs are shown to be able to upgrade to American made. What about the inners? Do you know about them?

To copy ECGS from the link...

"Over the years we have seen countless stub shaft failures ruin the race or the weekend. Our warranty rate for Outers to Inners is 20 to 1. Therefore with cost and quality in mind ECGS has taken the steps to make readily available American Stub shafts, Non Needle bearing Ujoints and Import inners to create the best most cost effective axleshaft packages available. Upon careful testing and examination we saw very little strength difference between import inners and american inners. However the difference between the outers is very dramatic. If you are looking for the best most cost effective LIFETIME WARRANTY axleshaft package available contact us today."

That's one thing you have to look at with this kit. It comes with Yukon inners, super joints and foote outers. Much different that most kits.