• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Credit cards

race_jeep

What's the best credit card As far as perks and points? I'm about to pay my visa off and have enough points for a $5 Starbucks card after 7 years and thousands of dollars.

I use discover for everyday purchases. 1% back on everything, 5% back on different stuff throughout the year.

I use a PayPal MasterCard for any PayPal purchases. Decent return on it also.

The best way to max your "cash back" or points is to "buy" gift cards for stuff that you buy anyway (Wal-Mart, gas stations, stores you regularly shop at)

I did most all of my Christmas shopping with credit card reward points.... but I literally buy everything I can on a credit card. Unless it's something I can get a cash discount on.

Re:

All about the Discover card and thier Cashback bonuses.

You can double up the $$$ at a lot of restaurants. Like if you have 20$ bonus....the restaurant may give you 30-40$ in actual credit.

We eat out a lot on that.

A debit card is useless. Pay your balance off every month...live within your means and watch your credit score hit 800+

I've never had my debit card charge me interest!!!!! Credit cards are designed to hang you and take your money, there's no way around it.

Elliott said:
I've never had my debit card charge me interest!!!!! Credit cards are designed to hang you and take your money, there's no way around it.

X2 I may not be building credit with my debit card but I'm spending money that's already in my account and don't have to pay extra at the end of the month. I've never had a credit card and don't plan on having one any time soon.

Re: Re: Re: Credit cards

Elliott said:
You're an adult....you control your own destiny. Live within your means like a good American should and stop trying to keep up with everyone else.

You're not charged interest if you pay your **** off in full every month. As in paying it off with the money you have in your account.

I thought only 18 year old girls were scared of big bad credit cards? :p

Credit score means nothing to me. Havent had credit for 7 years. If you can't pay in cash, most likely you dont need the item

Dave Ramsey!!!.

Elliott said:

Our credit union (TVA Employees CU) has a rewards thing, but you get it by selecting "credit" at the register. We use it to buy half our Christmas every year. Especially the people we really don't want to come out of pocket for. :****:

As far as straight up credit cards, hell no. Know too many people who ****ed themselves with em.

I use a Capitol One Quicksliver card for work. 1.5% cash back on any purchase. Work expenses are much easier to keep up with come tax time if it's all charged to one account.. I have yet to carry a balance. They haven't made a penny off me yet! And I've got over $200 I can cash in anytime.

I pay cash for everything, I had a debit card once and I'd spend money like crazy with it, I'm a bit scared of credit cards so I don't carry 1, I just need 1 for internet purchases, I use paypal if Thas an option thumb.gif

rpf500 said:
Credit score means nothing to me. Havent had credit for 7 years. If you can't pay in cash, most likely you dont need the item

Tell that to a young person trying to buy a house. ::)

i've used debit card since I was in my late teens. Dont own a credit card but me and my wife have talked about getting one for when we travel and have and unseen expense or break down. Still never got around to looking for the best option on one.

Re: Re: Re:

tonybolton said:
All about the Discover card and thier Cashback bonuses.

You can double up the $$$ at a lot of restaurants. Like if you have 20$ bonus....the restaurant may give you 30-40$ in actual credit.

We eat out a lot on that.

A debit card is useless. Pay your balance off every month...live within your means and watch your credit score hit 800+
I agree 100%

I've never got "upside down" on a credit card, carrying big balances and whatnot.

Paying cash is great though, you are always ahead of the game with that.

I used to pay cash for everything, till about 8? years ago I realized that just getting a Shell Master Card I could save 5% on gas, which I had to buy anyway. I used to pay that card off every week.

Then I got a sales job where I had to turn in an expense report for reimbursement every month. I got a Hilton Honors American Express, because I stayed in hotels 3-4 nights a week, ate out every meal, and burned a ton of diesel.

When I got married last summer, I had enough points that we stayed at the Hilton Grand Resort in Cabo San Lucas, in a ocean view balcony suite, for a week. For Free.

Re: Re: Re: Credit cards

5BrothersFabrication said:
As far as straight up credit cards, hell no. Know too many people who ****ed themselves with em.

I know people that have shot themselves with guns also.... What's your point?