• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Four Cylinders

I think the Key is Horsepower....I've got a truck with a clapped out V 8 and a 2barrel that doesn't make 150 horsepower.....keep the turbos, super chargers and big hp motors out of it. Like automatic DQ if they are not within the ballpark horsepower range.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I think the Key is Horsepower....I've got a truck with a clapped out V 8 and a 2barrel that doesn't make 150 horsepower.....keep the turbos, super chargers and big hp motors out of it. Like automatic DQ if they are not within the ballpark horsepower range.

can't do that. i don't own anything without a turbo on it besides my wife's tahoe. How about make it 2.5L and under and tire size classes 37 and under and 38 and up is another option to equal the playing field. :driving:

Some people have big hp 4cyl. Make it a production truck class. I wouldn't try to regulate tire size. I run 38.5 boggers. They don't set much higher than 35s but it would throw me into a group I couldn't run with. Then again I guess I could always step down in tires to compete. Keep us posted. I'm for sure in either way.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

zayne2427 said:
can't do that. i don't own anything without a turbo on it besides my wife's tahoe. How about make it 2.5L and under and tire size classes 37 and under and 38 and up is another option to equal the playing field. :driving:

I like it minus the tire size lol

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Well......it sounds like there is enough interest for sure. Ok.....I will put something together and figure out a date. Keep feeding any thoughts you have so I can determine how to set the rules. We can get lost forever with how many classes needed for everything that folks run. It needs to be fairly simple....and I need to figure out how to get some good money on it. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

See, Everybody already tryin to make this way to difficult! not sayin there is not that 1 super bad ass 4cyl out there somewhere, I have been on alot of rides around here for a few years now, might see a turbo samurai here and there, other than that Hayabusa powered buggy, ( which if he dont keep it a 10k rpms, its not really worth a **** either) i dont believe nobody is going to be that far ahead of someone else, and far as tires goes, think about, if its a all 4cyl class, hell i would hope everybody showed up with 44's, and me on my 35-37's, I think anything over a 39 with a 4cyl not goin to have enough power to be competive anyway!

Elaborate. 1 time competition? Series? Timed rock crawls I'm assuming?

Competition = more breaking stuff. I just like to ride molaugh

Re: Re: Four Cylinders

rednecklights said:
if this "class" would stay limited to N/A zuk 1.3 1.6 toy 20r and 22r and 2.5 jeep and require some factory frame rail it'd be awesome.

a true cheap class, horsepower would be non existent and fun level would be epic.

guess it could be called the "No-Pow class"
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Call it 4 angry squirrels class ! I got a 2.5 jeep on 35s that wont pull a greasey string out of a cats rearend.

If the interest is there, and it seems it is. This could turn into a series possibly. I do know he is wanting to set part of his obstacle course up for the smaller rigs.

Re: Re: Four Cylinders

Definitely in to atleast come watch. I might steal abennett's 2.5 yj on 40" gumbos.

I agree with Zukimaster, I havent seen a turboed 4cyl work that much better than a non-turbo to consider it way out of a league

I like the keep it simple - 4cyl class period

if you start putting a lot of stipulations on it then that will deter a lot of people from racing, especially since most with 4 cylinder rigs don't race already

TacomaJD said:
Elaborate. 1 time competition? Series? Timed rock crawls I'm assuming?

Competition = more breaking stuff. I just like to ride molaugh
I am thinking more of a timed rock crawl course. Something that requires you to choose the correct line and drive your rig.

This class looks fun. I dont think turbos should be outlawed. Toyotas came factory with them and a 22rte only makes 135 hp. A 2rz and 3rz make more than that all motor.

Re:

Timed rock crawl course sounds fun. No way would I ever get involved enough to compete in a series, being a slave to the game makes it less fun to me. But yeah, sounds like a fun time.

CASHED said:
This class looks fun. I dont think turbos should be outlawed. Toyotas came factory with them and a 22rte only makes 135 hp. A 2rz and 3rz make more than that all motor.

Granted a timed rock course would slow it down, but do any of you honestly think you could keep up with something like this with 60-90 horsepower?

SUBARU 2.5 TURBO BUGGY IS A ROCKET SHIP

Restrictions must be made, or you will see a dozen more of these things on stickies and we'll be out

muddinmetal said:
Granted a timed rock course would slow it down, but do any of you honestly think you could keep up with something like this with 60-90 horsepower?

No not with 60-90 hp, but if if everbody has subaru motors, ill put a mitsu motor in mine, and ill for sure keep up. So you think a 60 hp 1.3 motor is gonna keep up with a 150 hp 3rz? if its factory frame, it would be easy, just have no motor swaps, but if buggies are allowed then, its pretty much an outlaw 4cyl class.

Re:

Why is motor even that big of an issue with a ROCK CRAWL course? To me it should be limited by tire size if anything. On a ROCK CRAWL course, I wouldn't be afraid to run my junk against just about anything. Now hill shooting, bounty hill, all that is different. That's where motor comes in.