• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Four Cylinders

Re: Re: Four Cylinders

rednecklights said:
if you leave it open to run what you brung then after the first race there will be single seater turbo 4's with coilovers and stickys. which is fine and is the normal progression of any racing"class".

if you place limits then its a drivers game not a money game.

look how many Sammy's , Toyota cab trucks and 4cyl jeeps are out there with no where to compete.

to each their own.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
most the 4 bangers (yota and Sammy's) I ride with already have coilovers and stickies, and a Sammy is just as small as a single seater. not bashing you but its just whats out there. Shannon's (rusty nuts) Sammy is not a full frame, and has stickies, are you saying he can't run?

**** it. Here is how it should go: 40 inch tire limit, stock engine block with power adders only allowed if they came factory on that vehicle, and at least 10 inches of factory frame. Add a helment and rock on

Re:

Lets have a race to who can drive the best after drinking the most! :flipoff1:

You can go ahead and engrave J.D. as the winner's initials.

only rules needed is 4cyl engine, seat belts, cage and helments. Yall crackers are trying to make 4 bangers a rich man sport. :flipoff1:

smurfy90 said:
only rules needed is 4cyl engine, seat belts, cage and helments. Yall crackers are trying to make 4 bangers a rich man sport. :flipoff1:

Your right on the money Kevin!! I'm sure Tom will figure out some awesome events so it's fair for everyone. Maybe you should build another single seater and compete since everyone is worried about them :wtflol:

Rusty Nuts said:
Your right on the money Kevin!! I'm sure Tom will figure out some awesome events so it's fair for everyone. Maybe you should build another single seater and compete since everyone is worried about them :wtflol:
Me and rednecklights (aka gay guy :flipoff1: )had talks of doing an event with just 4bangers only a year ago. Folks poked fun of the idea saying nobody would do it. I knew it would be a hit! And at the time we had three samy buggys and a yota buggy sitting here ready for action, now all I own is v8s. If this takes off Ill forsure be building another one. But really the only rules need to be #1 safety! #2 4banger. When a lot of rules comes in to play chit hits the fan and takes all the fun away. Also as far as turbos and hp it shouldn't matter. Its not the power that makes the driver its "THE DRIVER" when it comes to obstacle courses. I also remember back in drivers ed in high school we got to drive with beer googles on. We need to find a few sets to race with, would be funny to watch folks drive drunk with no real beer involved.

smurfy90 said:
. I also remember back in drivers ed in high school we got to drive with beer googles on. We need to find a few sets to race with, would be funny to watch folks drive drunk with no real beer involved.

Best idea ever!!!!!

Ok guys....i'm going to make this happen. I am going to keep it very simple. All I want is fun event that is safe and entertaining. I'll work on the date and announce soon. It will be a timed rock crawl event. We have enough trails to choose from that I can make horsepower differences a non issue. It has to come down to how well the driver can drive his rig. I've seen a lot of 4 bangers one shot some of our trails while the V8's beat the brakes off of it. We will also get some money on it to make it interesting and then we will see where it goes from there. I could see us hosting a few of these each year. Let's try it out....

adventureoffroadpark said:
Ok guys....i'm going to make this happen. I am going to keep it very simple. All I want is fun event that is safe and entertaining. I'll work on the date and announce soon. It will be a timed rock crawl event. We have enough trails to choose from that I can make horsepower differences a non issue. It has to come down to how well the driver can drive his rig. I've seen a lot of 4 bangers one shot some of our trails while the V8's beat the brakes off of it. We will also get some money on it to make it interesting and then we will see where it goes from there. I could see us hosting a few of these each year. Let's try it out....

Sounds good. Just keep it simple and safe and it should be a good time for all.

Would it be possible for 6 cylinders to run in the class if they took 2 tires off? By the way, mine is a dually. booyang :flipper: :ban:

Could a bracket style race be set up? Everybody runs once as hard as you are willing to, then divide into classes by time. run again versus your class, just cant break your original speed. I think it would work. I am definitely in.

smurfy90 said:
I agree.

Whenever I go trail riding 90% of the rigs are Toyota's and Cherokees some trails are great for Cherokee's some more for Toyota's. I think as far as having a full field of competitors it would be great to include both in the class. The Jeeps may have a horsepower advantage but the Toyota's have the advantage in the big rocks. Just my opinion no hate mail please

zukimaster said:
..... other than that Hayabusa powered buggy, ( which if he dont keep it a 10k rpms, its not really worth a **** either)
Do you regularly speak out of your ass? You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

GONOVRIT said:
Do you regularly speak out of your ass? You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

Please elaborate a bit on how you formed this hypothesis.... Are you the hayabusa buggy owner and got butthurt by his comment about it?

:popcorn:

TacomaJD said:
Please elaborate a bit on how you formed this hypothesis.... Are you the hayabusa buggy owner and got butthurt by his comment about it?

:popcorn:

Nah he isn't, but the guy is in our club and one of our very good friends, and I promise you it will crawl better than most buggies and it also puts 225 hp to the rear tires with 37's on it. Badass little ride.

As far as the 4cly class, I don't have a dog in the fight but keep it simple. One class.