• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It's STINKY!!!

i have been thinking about that tube lately too...i was thinking i needed another place to mount my coilover reservoirs, and i could simply add in a tube with some flanges that went over the motor once it was in place....

i can add that once it is all together...

the routing of all the lines is done. i used some 1/4-20 coupler nuts that i cut down with the grinder and tacked them on.....

gonna try to get a coat of paint on it tonite......

under_psi said:
i have been thinking about that tube lately too...i was thinking i needed another place to mount my coilover reservoirs, and i could simply add in a tube with some flanges that went over the motor once it was in place....

i can add that once it is all together...

the routing of all the lines is done. i used some 1/4-20 coupler nuts that i cut down with the grinder and tacked them on.....

gonna try to get a coat of paint on it tonite......

We are talking about diffrent tubes. You need some that connect the shock hoops back to the square frame and the one over the engine would be smart also. Don't short cut at the last minute. it is easy to do but it will haunt you for the life of the buggy. Don't ask me how I know.

I would also do some thing to the rear if it was built the same way.

got a couple of good coats of glass black paint on the chassis....i am pretty good with a rattle can and have found a brand that i really like, so i went with that over other methods because:

-cheaper
-faster
-did not have to take it anywhere
-cans of paint readily available
-finished everything else up, may as well do the paint.....

here are a couple of pics....hopefully with the help of my dissassembly crew, we can have a reassembly party THIS sunday....should go a lot faster...

buildingstinky211.jpg

buildingstinky215.jpg

DavidsCJ7 said:
Looks great Lou! Yeah, I can come Sunday. What time? Whats for lunch?
thanks dave....somewhere early afternoon so we can beat dark will be fine...i will figure out something to eat....

BamaTJ said:
You didn't list all the specs? Is it a 4.3? What tcase? After you reassemble, what all is left?

sorry matto..

after reassembly, i haev to get my driveshafts fitted, wire and fire baby!!! (i still ahve to put on some tabs for the dash and the skid and boatsides, but i was NOT going to put off cleaning up and painting another week waiting on my aluminum guy.....i figured i could just grind a little paint here and there, weld a tab or two on and be done.....repaint thes mall sections, c ya later......

full specs on teh car:

-2000 Vorted 4.3 with egr removed, tuned ecu from howell, howell harness, 2wd oil pan, AA headers (wrapped), custom 2" true dual exhaust.....
-built turbo 350 standard valve body, steel rings, shift kit
-Atlas II 4.3 transfer case
-1979 Ford HP D60, 35/35 alloy usa shafts, longfield joints, dedenbear knuckles, BTF high steer arms with 5th stud IN USE,4.88's, detroit, forged 1350 yoke, BTF cover, Rock & Roll offroad drive flanges, 3/4 ton chevy brakes
-1979 Ford D60 rear, 4,88's, Detroit, yukon 35 spline shafts, 3/4 ton brakes as well, BTF cover/4 link truss
-PSC full hydro DE ram 2.5/8", Louis Special ram mount
-Ron Davis Radiator with built in 16" fan and shroud
-misc elec REAL Carbon fiber autometer guages, REAL carbon fiber B&M tranny shifter, B&M tranny cooler
-all plumbing brake/fuel/tranny are SS braided lines with aeroquip -AN fittings
-rci 12gal fuel cell, inline pump
-mastercraft rubicon seats/mastercraft harnesses
-42/15" IROK STICKIES on MRW HD beadlocks
-CUSTOM ONE-OFF chassis and fr/rr 4-link built by Dan and Bender of BTF late 2006, 2x4 main frame rail, 1.75"-.120 and .095 wall tubing and some 1.5 and 1.25 tubing used as well....custom fr and rr winch plates...

and i ghetto fabbed this mofo to the end...

GET WHAT YA GOT DUN DID MOFO!!!!!

under_psi said:
and i ghetto fabbed this mofo to the end...

GET WHAT YA GOT DUN DID MOFO!!!!!

I could not disagree with you more here my man.

You did and are doing fantastic work. Way beyond what you and i and the rest of the world thought you knew how to do. I tell you Louis is not scared of his own abilities even though he may have never tested said abilities. :afro:

****'s gonna be TIGHT!!

The MS boys are gonna be rolling deep this year!

wngrog said:
The MS boys are gonna be rolling deep this year!
So Joel says "Damn, Nolen moves here, and everyone goes buggy crazy."
I love the motivation in you MS boys if its Nolens doing or not. But David, Pat, Karl, Louis, and soon to be Nolen again as well are buggied up, Joel hows your search going?

Yeah Nolen is a terrible influence for your wallet. Fawking rock midget getting everybody to buy buggies. Joel and I will keep hanging with you with the full body rigs :flipoff1:

Looks good lou, I won't be able to make it over this Sunday because we have family coming in town. How many cans did it end up taking you on the paint?

well, the deal with me began after that trip to clayton....lol...i knew i needed 1 tons under the TJ and or a buggy...

i was undecided about the whole thing, and WAS planning on taking the route that P has...making one from scratch....but i REALLY dont have the know how to do that, although i probably would have figured it all out..

i began weighing my options and was discouraged all teh way around...i talked with nolen on the phone a couple of times and told me to go buy somethign that was built already, due to the cost factor that was involved with a scratch up build....

then i got really discouraged with the $ of all the cool rigs i was looking into....i rode the TJ a few more times, and then decided to sell it...

the DAY that i listed it, i found stinky for sale, and i had already been eying the chassis on BTFs site....i then found it for slae on the BTF forum.....and had just taken a good call on teh TJ for sale....i talked with the owner of the chassis, and although he was asking 2x what i paid for it almost, i told him i would love to have it but i could only afford $xxxx amount....

he called me back and said come get it.....

at this point i had weighed all the options, and felt that even though it was going to take me a while to complete it, that it was the best route, because inevitably, i would have sunk $10-11k into the TJ to make it a 1 ton rig on 40's and then still had the buggy in my sites.....

i guess it worked out pretty good for me.....i am happy, i wish i had more tools to test out my fabbing abilities.....

that's my gay buggy story....

That is a good story you did the right thing. I remember how pissed you were at Clayton. You have a sharp rig that is unique for a BTF rig. You have done a good job finishing it out and learning along the way.

i will post a few tonite when i get done tidying everything up that we worked on today...

thanks again to everyone who showed up (even the RoCK miDGit himself showed up )....the help was GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

under_psi said:
(even the RoCK miDGit himself showed up )
DId he tighten bolts on the undercarriage? I heard he can do that without it being on a lift. molaugh