• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Smittybilt Winches

I have been running an XRC8 with rope on my Samurai for about 5 years now. Works every time I go to use it. Never had a problem.

It was CRAZY hard to free spool when new, which I read was a common problem. The fix is to clean out the super thick glue like grease and replace it with a normal type grease.

1tonyj said:
I went to an X20 after I put two sets of solenoids in my Warn....right out of the box the wireless remote feature didn't work. I've had it about a year now and works great as long as it's plugged in.

bet the battery in the controller is dead, I've been through 2 or 3 of them now. It's a A23 battery found at wally world, $4 for 2 and I put the extra in the controller so I don't lose it.

Well I read enough good I ordered the X20 10,000 LB last night with the synthetic cable. Hope se works well. but for the price compared to Warn I would be okay with a small issue here or there when you are paying 1/2 the price.

tkinze said:
bet the battery in the controller is dead, I've been through 2 or 3 of them now. It's a A23 battery found at wally world, $4 for 2 and I put the extra in the controller so I don't lose it.

Good call....I'll have to check it...thxs

tkinze said:

What was yours doing when the battery in the controller died? I thought that was my case but the light still works when you hit the button for wireless. All that happens in mine is a clicking noise from the main control box... probably a solenoid.

617_Racing said:
What was yours doing when the battery in the controller died? I thought that was my case but the light still works when you hit the button for wireless. All that happens in mine is a clicking noise from the main control box... probably a solenoid.

when the battery is dead it obviously does nothing but I have experienced what you describe. It fixed itself after a few minutes of just repeatedly hitting the IN/OUT buttons. Sometimes I'd have to turn off/on the controller b/w toggling. I suspect the connectors get a little corrosion in side the solenoid box.

tkinze said:
when the battery is dead it obviously does nothing but I have experienced what you describe. It fixed itself after a few minutes of just repeatedly hitting the IN/OUT buttons. Sometimes I'd have to turn off/on the controller b/w toggling. I suspect the connectors get a little corrosion in side the solenoid box.

Yeah it had one moment after it quit working that it magically worked once. I guess while I'm tearing everything else down I'll check the solenoids.

Beefcake said:
Well I read enough good I ordered the X20 10,000 LB last night with the synthetic cable. Hope se works well. but for the price compared to Warn I would be okay with a small issue here or there when you are paying 1/2 the price.
Post up once you get it installed and try it out. I'm looking at this one also. Kinda amazing how much quality has improved with Smittybilt over the last 5-10 years.

okay no worries its not for my current rig is for my new tube chassis build, so it'll be awhile. I am doing the build thread on here LARGE MARGE. I didn't want to buy it this early in the build but kind of had to, to place the radiator and motor which helps set the the rest of the interior locations.