• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid Fridge

L

lowbudgetjunk

My fridge died. From what I gather, the front panel is prone to go out and if it can be reset, all is good. That or you have to replace the panel. The fridge is only 4-5 years old and I don't want to replace it, just getting working again. I have scoured the internet looking for the right buttons to hold to reset my fridge and can't seem to find the right combination. Anyone know the trick? It is a Maytag btw.

0a53aaeab11b377c311eccddb54bec60.jpg

35dd4707e06f531acd3210c90efce589.jpg

Hmmm my 30 year old fridge still works fine without a space ship computer panel on the front...
You rich folk n ur princess problems....

J/K hope it's an easy fix for ya

Re:

I sold my 1947 GE that ran like a Swiss watch. Never said I was very bright. Might fix up my two door monitor top and call it good.

Nothing to add here except for I just got a call from the ole lady while I'm at work informing me that the washing machine just tore up.....again. Just had a new transmission put in it a few years ago, sounds like same thing happened again. I feel your pain. Never fun spending on appliances.

Just grasping at straws but have you tried unplugging it for 10 minutes or so to kill all the power?

All the computer stuff now days that seems to be one of the simplest to try so it will reset.

j-mox said:
Just grasping at straws but have you tried unplugging it for 10 minutes or so to kill all the power?

All the computer stuff now days that seems to be one of the simplest to try so it will reset.

I did. I tried overnight as well. I used the fridge/freezer in the RV to save most of the food. I guess I am just going to bite the bullet and buy the $115 front circuit board.

TacomaJD said:
Nothing to add here except for I just got a call from the ole lady while I'm at work informing me that the washing machine just tore up.....again. Just had a new transmission put in it a few years ago, sounds like same thing happened again. I feel your pain. Never fun spending on appliances.

Front loader?

I hate front loaders.

Re: Re: Stupid Fridge

Eddyj said:
Front loader?

I hate front loaders.
Naw, piece of **** cheapo Kenmore 80 series top load. Gonna grab the one from the ole lady's house this weekend since she moved in with me amd use it.

If you haven't figured it out PM me, I will give you a # for a guy that can help over the phone probably.

bamatoy said:
If you haven't figured it out PM me, I will give you a # for a guy that can help over the phone probably.

Panel comes in Monday. If that don't work, expect a call.

Re: Re: Stupid Fridge

TacomaJD said:
Naw, piece of **** cheapo Kenmore 80 series top load. Gonna grab the one from the ole lady's house this weekend since she moved in with me amd use it.

Gonna say hope its not a Samsung or whichever the ones were that were blowing up. My parents had to go through a bunch of bs to get theirs replaced because it was part of that recall. Supposedly they dont just pop they blow shrapnel and all sorts of ****.