• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Donkey ECORS B Class Buggy

Donkey

My co driver Danimal on the site has posted up he put his rig on the back burner while we get my rig ready for our first ECORS at Durhamtown July 7th. They were tired of hearing up dates on his thread so here it is.

Im going to be copy and paste this for another site when i started this project so some of the stuff from this first post is already done.
First a little back ground, i bought my first jeep at 14 totaled. I rebuilt it and over the years slowly built it up with alot of help from friends and family. A year ago i had a friend selling his old retired Pro Mod W.E. Rock chassis. I stripped my tj down and put all the drivetrain in to the buggy. 6 months of work and it was finally ready to go, only took me two runs to find the weak links and has set for the last few months. Then me and a friend went to jeep beach where i met Rob from ECORS and its all been downhill since then.

Heres what i got.
Pro Mod W.E. Rock chassis based off YJ frame with a TJ hood and grill
Stock 4.0
TF999 Transmission
TeraLow 4 to 1
Currie 9 Rear 35 spline Detroit Locker
Rubicon 44 Front with RCV Shafts and Detriot Locker
37in Blue Krawlers on WalkerEvan Wheels

Heres a picture after i finished it with the former owners panels on it.
930886f2.jpg

Heres what iv done so far.
Got a front detriot locker after i blew the factory locker up
Gusseted the front axle
Have a box of psc full hydro kit sitting waiting to be installed
Lined up tons of stuff to be borrowed
Racked my brain over and over again about everything ill need to pass tech

The plan:
-Im redoing the paneling of the rig no loss or over hanging panels, the front is going to look even more like a jeep when i am done. Should have that finished this weekend.
-Install the steering
-Drop the seats down to give me 3in with a helmet on
-Remount Fuel cell with straps
-remount radiator as it previous mounted position will be going away with old tube work
-remount front shocks
-make trans skid
-make rear mounted tool box between seats a fuel cell
-grab handle for the co driver
-add cross bars behind the seats
-sleeve the front axle tubes
-mounting winch
-installing lights
-then finish out the safety equipment
-and round up all the borrowed equipment

This month and next month is going to hurt, lots of late nights and long weekends. I cant wait to get out there though looking forward to meeting alot of you.

I will be trying to update my thread as much as possible asking questions about what ill need to pass tech and your guys opions. If anything jumps out at ya please let me know.

There are a few people helping make this happen:
Xtreme Jeep in Tampa, FL
Off Camber Outfitters
and everyone helping work on the rig to get it ready

Be sure to check out, like and share Donkey Motorsports Racing we are on Facebook www.facebook.com/donkeymotorsports

We didnt have a tube roller so heres making of the rear tube work and the finished product

0c697fb6.jpg

cec75dfc.jpg

37dce100.jpg

66e234b7.jpg

Then started the front tube work trying to make it more like a jeep
the old
e9ff7389.jpg

a77dd0b1.jpg

33322cd2.jpg

489f856f.jpg

front tube work finished up
052b038c.jpg

Then moved on to the fuel cell mount, aluminum tabs werent cutting it and required to be held in with straps per ECORS rules
the base
fda9494a.jpg

finished product i got lazy on the painting
81c93a41.jpg

then moved to my co drivers place Danimal
started with the shocks
b5a2cc30.jpg

bfb74fbf.jpg

89c5b1ea.jpg

orbital mounted
1a475f33.jpg

4a052ba1.jpg

reservoir mounted
a69c0632.jpg

the co drivers work place
0dbfea66.jpg

6ea5fab3.jpg

841cd63c.jpg

Other things not pictured include seats lowered, floor pans finished, few other odds and ends

Add yes we are facebook offical check us out DONKEY MOTORSPORTS you can follow our progress there

Lookin good man. Keep up the good work. Looks like Andy's old Carolina Rock Shop chassis sitting there too!

Yep that's my co drivers buggy he is putting together, used to be andy's he's got a build thread on here under Danimal.

I sure hope to keep up with them but will settle for just crossing the finish line with most of my parts still attached.

If I wasn't going out of town that week I would have to enter ol rusty. Know that all the Florida boys are starting to have some fun with us we might just have to get at the starting line and since I can't sell it I might as well race it.

getting closer to being legal, took me awhile to decide how to mount the rear lights but decided to go with an ultra 4 feel so we could eventually add more lights like the blue and ambers

a9bb5995.jpg

a4b45ded.jpg

af0d7fd6.jpg

f147e81c.jpg

3fe8dba3.jpg

wanted to see what it looked like lit up so i put the power probe on one light
cdf5f9b9.jpg

5BrothersFabrication said:
Very nice! Nicer than mine, but I look foward to racing against you guys! :dblthumb:

Do you race the ranger truggy in your sig. If so what 44 do you run and how does it hold up? I have a rubi 44 and it is really my only concern that i know of so far. Its got rcv shafts and im going to run offroad evolution axle sleeves, iv braced the c's but just not sure how it will hold up to the jumps.

Hell, I dunno yet! Haha, beat the living poo out of it under a 765,000 pound 78 Bronco and the only thing I ever broke was one short side axle. Jumped it, bumped it, T.C.'d the hell out of it. With RCVs? Sheeiiii..... I wouldn't even bat an eye!

Re: Re: Re: Donkey ECORS B Class Buggy

Donkey said:
Do you race the ranger truggy in your sig. If so what 44 do you run and how does it hold up? I have a rubi 44 and it is really my only concern that i know of so far. Its got rcv shafts and im going to run offroad evolution axle sleeves, iv braced the c's but just not sure how it will hold up to the jumps.

I'd truss it across the chunk. You dont really realize HOW MUCH you are actually jumping during a race, take one jump too hot or too short and you'll taco the housing.

Really.

I'd bet during the last race at the GAP I jumped the truck 75-100 times during the 2 hour race (10 laps).

-Nick

HELL YEA YALL COME ON :dblthumb:

B-class needs some more folks racin in it :****:

there wasn,t that many B- CLASS rigs at Auburn.

And hell yes TRUSS TRUSS TRUSS it all :****:

I don,t know how any of the other tracks are, but if you DO NOT jump constantly at the Auburn GAP track you WILL NOT be fast.

But I AIN,T BITCHIN,,,,,cause doin some jumpin is FUN :woot: :woot: :woot:

zukiscott said:
And hell yes TRUSS TRUSS TRUSS it all :****:

I don,t know how any of the other tracks are, but if you DO NOT jump constantly at the Auburn GAP track you WILL NOT be fast.

But I AIN,T BITCHIN,,,,,cause doin some jumpin is FUN :woot: :woot: :woot:

The Flats was more of a "WOODS RACIN" track, but there were some bigger jumps on it and lots of rough bouncin around in the woods.

Haven't been updating very much lately, we've been work like crazy. I did get all the wiring done, finished the lights, installed a few more bars did the winch mount and fairlead. Got the battery relocated and just finished sleeving and trussing the front axle. Tonight will be our first time driving it and Thursday will be the first offroad test. Then it's adding a few items like extinguishers and stuff like that, throwing a body together and loading it up.

I will try to get pictures of the progress soon or maybe you'll just have to come to durhamtown and check it out. also got another project which is a toy hauler but I'll posted that after the race just trying to stay focused on one thing at a time.