• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep YJ Build... Bringing back the old memories.

Getting a little more done on this project. The 14 bolt axle truss is coming together. This truss extends the full length of the axle tubes. The main two bodies including the one directly over the cast housing and the one extending the length are both laser cut from 5/16" plate and formed. Secondary internal gusseting and cap plate consist of 1/4" and 3/16" plate.

14-bolt-truss-3.jpg

14-bolt-truss-2.jpg

14-bolt-truss-1.jpg

I updated the pics here:
www.motobilt.com/blog/projects/custom-build-jeep-yj-4-link-suspension/

Hopefully the updates will get back on track. I spent the week laying around the house with the flu last week. :spin:

Dan

Any updates? Are you going to run coilovers? If so what size and what are you going to use for upper mounts on the front and rear? Nice build Would like to see some finished pics. I am wanting to do a similar build. drool

Yeah I need to update the thread. We are working on getting it done. I will try to get some pics posted tomorrow.

Dan

That tank is cool. I would think you could start offering those for YJ's and TJ's at price comparable to the popular RCI 2161 and do well.

Got the rear innder fenders modified. The purpose was to move the wheel opening up to make more room for the 43's. The other was to keep the coilovers out of reach from little fingers.

wpid-20140125_162350.jpg

wpid-20140125_162102.jpg

wpid-20140125_162601.jpg

SHAWNEECRAWLER said:
When is the fuel cell gonna be for sale on the site?

Call me. I can build one for you. I will be adding it to the website soon. It will be priced around $550.

Thanks
Dan