• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Some just can't Internet.

Eddyj

So after reading a recent thread on here. I've come to the conclusion that some people just can't Internet.

Being that I am fluent in smartass, I tend not to get agrovated by what anyone posts on the Internet. I believe 9 out of ten times one of a couple things happen.
1.that sarcasm is lost when typing a response.
2. It seems like there is an older generation of "no nonsense" people who just don't get all the sarcasm and cute little Internet phrases.
3. Trolls notice that one or two has happened and take that opportunity to make the situation worse for their own enjoyment.
4. You run right into a "know it all" who can't be reasoned with. Now this one is tricky because there are two categories when it comes to the "KIA"
A. The one who is generally correct and will have at least 3 paragraph hypothesis to back up his every statement. This type is usually involved in many different discussions simaltainiously and is usually just looking to exchange some witty banter to fill a void they have in their day to day life. These are usually successful individuals who are a bit socially awkward.
B. One who knows nothing and repeats what they read on the interwebs

I'm not saying that any of this is wrong. As I have been known to troll maybe just once or twice. Without it the internets would be boring.

However sometimes it's just a miscommunication and then a "witch hunt" starts. Which kinda of sucks, but then again you can't have people getting all pissy on every thread, sometimes you just have to weed some people out. The strong will stay the weak will go to pirate.

Bottom line is this is just the Internet. It isn't real life. Sometimes you get lucky and learn something new. Sometimes you get called a dumbass in black text. Either way it's just the Internet.

Eddyj said:
Bottom line is this is just the Internet. It isn't real life.

Respectfully disagree. That is a cop-out to excuse bad behavior and shouldn't be propagated. This is real life. If people treated others on the internet as they do in real life it would be a much better place. The problem is that they think the internet is some sort of alternate reality that doesn't count or something and so they just go through this cycle of responding to negativity with more negativity.

We reap what we sow. In real life and on the internet. If you sow negativity, you reap negativity. Traveler started off in that other thread by being unnecessarily negative and reaped what he sowed. He could add a lot to the conversation if he wanted. He could have spent the energy he spent being positive instead of negative. He chooses not to time and time again.

Imagine what would happen if statements like these were said face to face, in real life:

"you must know better than me"
"your right I probably don't know anything"
"I will take that as a **** you you don't need any help"
"if yall cant figure it out"
" I will not tell you how to do it step for step that's taking food off of my table like it or not"

They're all entirely negative statements. And he shouldn't be surprised that people respond negatively on the net just as they would in real life. If he doesn't want potential customers to speak negatively of his business he should treat them with respect and positivity. Do unto others as you would have done unto thyself.

Patooyee I will take that as a **** you and you don't respect my opinion. :flipoff1: (you see what I did there)

You are stating how it should be. I believe I am stating how it is.

Eddyj said:
Patooyee I will take that as a **** you and you don't respect my opinion. :flipoff1: (you see what I did there)

You are stating how it should be. I believe I am stating how it is.

:rolf: :rolf:

I am stating how it is, not how it should be.

In real life if you are negative, people are negative back. if you are positive you generally receive positivity back. The same generally occurs on the net.

By saying that the net isn't real life, you are saying it is OK to be negative because it doesn't really count. If that was true you could be negative and receive positivity back. Since we see time and again that does not happen, I say that it is illogical to continue believe that it will.

Look at how crass our society has become since the internet. You think that would have happened if the net wasn't real? You think it's not real when people do terrible things to each other and post the video on the net? Or when people do terrible things because of things they've seen on the net? Or when kids kill themselves because they were bullied on the net?

Sorry, the net is real life regardless if you admit / like it. Things that happen on the net have real, tangible results in real life. How could it not be considered real life?

Hell, Traveler hates me and we've never even met in real life! How can the net not be real if it was able to generate such hatred in a man?

I guess I mis-stated. I do not believe that the crass-ening of society is the RESULT of the internet. I believe that the acceleration of the crass-ening is the result of the efficiency with which the internet has given negativity the ability to spread and become acceptable. Basically, the net has given real-life the medium to spread faster.

94Blazer327 said:
There is way more to this than most of you know. I'll just leave it at that.

Ryan is a hell of a guy IMO.

And I think there's more to this thread than just Ryan. At least there is to me.

But I TOTALLY agree with you in respect to him since I still don't know why the hell he hates me so much. Don't really care that he does. But you are right, about more to it than I know. I'm totally in the dark. :)

94Blazer327 said:
He must not hate you too much since he told me to check you out for rock parts

That might mean he hates you, too. :)

He has publically stated that he has extreme dislike for me. I can only take him for his word. Of the criticisms I have heard of him, dishonesty is not one of them.

94Blazer327 said:
There is way more to this than most of you know. I'll just leave it at that.

Ryan is a hell of a guy IMO.

By no means I'm I saying anything negative towards Ryan. He seems to be a hell of a fabricator.
I honestly believe he falls partially into the "2" category. That being said just because someone can't "internet" doesn't make them any less of a person. There are lot of people who I deal with that can't Internet.
Then there are some people who think they can Internet, but just piss people off. Hell look at JD.

Fair enough but he makes anything I ask him for or sends me to someone who already has it made for a decent price. Never had one issue with him at all.

94Blazer327 said:
Fair enough but he makes anything I ask him for or sends me to someone who already has it made for a decent price. Never had one issue with him at all.
Aimed at paytoee

However this board has more GD 'for sale' trolls than any board I've ever been on. ****ing seriously.
It's like people are sitting in the FS section waiting on people to **** up or price something too high and they swarm.

94Blazer327 said:
Aimed at paytoee

However this board has more GD 'for sale' trolls than any board I've ever been on. ****ing seriously.
It's like people are sitting in the FS section waiting on people to **** up or price something too high and they swarm.

Haha. I can see your point there. Don't really have a response to that other than that the rules are fairly simple and if you post stupidity, you reap stupidity. Not saying it's right, it's just real life. :) I try not to take part in it personally because I believe that the Golden Rule is important. I think if I were to unknowingly post something for a stupid price I would prefer for someone to PM me than to state it publically.

I also think that, as a mature adult who understand that they are participating in a forum along with potentially less mature people, I have to sometimes just look past stuff and ignore it, don't give it the recognition of wasting space in my life with hate or negativity.

94Blazer327 said:
Aimed at paytoee

I feel like this second one is aimed at me. I don't ever criticize anyone's prices. I will, however, openly admit that I have a huge disdain for people who are too lazy or too ignorant to read the rules and play by them. I mean, honestly, "What does it look like? Where can I pick it up? How much will it cost me?" are 3 questions that need answered before ANY transaction should take place. If you can't give that information, you probably can't sell anything. It's not hard.

Break, break.

Can someone send me to the drama that started this post? I missed something here.

94Blazer327 said:
Aimed at paytoee

Wait, you're not saying that I've done that, are you? Because I really don't think I ever have. I think you just meant it as a general comment.

creepycrawly said:
Can someone send me to the drama that started this post? I missed something here.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=52809.0

patooyee said:
I also think that, as a mature adult who understand that they are participating in a forum along with potentially less mature people, I have to sometimes just look past stuff and ignore it, don't give it the recognition of wasting space in my life with hate or negativity.
I really feel like this first sentence is aimed after me.. molaugh