• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

03' 6.0 f350 programmers

Cole1

I recently picked up a 03' f350 with a 6.0 and im looking at getting a programmer to get more power out of the truck and better fuel economy. The truck has 10 hp injectors, ARP head studs and straight pipe exhaust.

I was thinking about the bullydog triple dog tuner since I have a buddy that is a rep so he says he can get me a good deal. When ive been researching it on some forums everyone is saying to go with the SCT livewire for the 6.0. Id like to get more input on tuners thou before I buy one.

Thanks, Cole

Do some research on them. I run a custom Super chip program. One for towing, one for when empty and milage

On the milage program I get 17 most of the time and 23 to 24 on the long runs

Ow ya

Unless you get deep pockets with lots of bennies, leave it stock

Last edited:
They say SCT because they can create custom tunes for both the engine and transmission that are based off of the computer strategy on your specific truck. Innovative Diesel Performance and Gearhead Performance are two of the best out there. If it's already got the ARPs get an EGR cooler delete and play around with some different tunes to find what fits your driving style. There is no reliability issue with the current mods it has plus an EGR delete.

Thanks for the input guys. I was going to order an EGR delete when I did the tuner and install it at the same time. Im trying to decide on the basic delete kit or the one with the new down pipe. Its crazy how many options there are for the delete kits.....probably since its such a big 6L issue.

Go on ebay search 6.0 egr delete and buy it from Custom diesel manufacturing. The kit with up pipe is $159 free shipping comes with complete dummy instructions on how to do it without removing the intake. This kit is the cheapest I found and it comes with the block off plates unfinished so there's no bling but everything is quality tig welded and they shipped it out next day. I would recommend cleaning and inspecting your turbo vanes while it's out to. :awesomework:

They say SCT because they can create custom tunes for both the engine and transmission that are based off of the computer strategy on your specific truck. Innovative Diesel Performance and Gearhead Performance are two of the best out there. If it's already got the ARPs get an EGR cooler delete and play around with some different tunes to find what fits your driving style. There is no reliability issue with the current mods it has plus an EGR delete.

Go on ebay search 6.0 egr delete and buy it from Custom diesel manufacturing. The kit with up pipe is $159 free shipping comes with complete dummy instructions on how to do it without removing the intake. This kit is the cheapest I found and it comes with the block off plates unfinished so there's no bling but everything is quality tig welded and they shipped it out next day. I would recommend cleaning and inspecting your turbo vanes while it's out to. :awesomework:
Dude knows his 6 leakers :awesomework:

It's very easy to take apart that turbo and clean it up. Very common for a clogged up turbo to cause issues.. I've got a bottle of motorcraft anti seize you can use if you decide to tear into that thing. It's rated for a LOT higher temp then the stuff you can buy at the auto parts store.

Dude knows his 6 leakers :awesomework:

It's very easy to take apart that turbo and clean it up. Very common for a clogged up turbo to cause issues.. I've got a bottle of motorcraft anti seize you can use if you decide to tear into that thing. It's rated for a LOT higher temp then the stuff you can buy at the auto parts store.

Gotta know whatcha own. Motorcraft anti-seize you say I'll have to look into that when I pull mine apart this spring.:awesomework:

Look at different oil cooler and filter set up like bulletproof diesels also. Besides the egr delete look at a 07 oil tube from the turbo to block to replace the one on the 03. Factory part better done, drainback tube I think.

Look at different oil cooler and filter set up like bulletproof diesels also. Besides the egr delete look at a 07 oil tube from the turbo to block to replace the one on the 03. Factory part better done, drainback tube I think.

I agree with the oil drain tube but the factory oil coolers work better and with proper coolant maintenance meaning more frequently changing it than factory recommendations they rarely have a problem. The bulletproof kit is almost $2k. I can buy 10 factory coolers for that and they are easy to change.