• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

'03 GM 6.0 power tricks ?

billstoy

I hear there are easy power tricks for a 6.0, what is best for the buck? My friend did elec. fans, dual flowmasters, hypertec turned up, K/N cold air, and a jet MAP
It still seems under tuned. I've heard of rocker arm swap? bigger throttle body ? What else will help this thing breathe ?

Ones generic and ones custom made utilizing a dyno that is specific for your setup altitude air temps ect

Who is the best near chattanooga for help? I'd like to do the 1.8 rocker swap , does it help?

Longer rockers Just adds lift to a cams stroke. But doesnt change anything else about the cam, might add a little power but dollar for dollar I would spend my money on a custom ground cam that would match your set up

6.0 with cam and ls-experts (in canton ga) tune, heads and a flex fuel intake off a new truck ( the ports are bigger no need for machining) is gonna put you right around 450hp the good thing is his tune is around 375-450$ and he knows his stuff :****: or you can can just do a cam and his tune and have close to 350-375hp for around 1200$

forgot to mention he does a wide band tune so he can see how much fuel and air is running threw so you dont end up like most people who just get them leaned out and melt the motor down

If your tuner isn't using a wideband he shouldn't be tuning. I would like to think that anyone with a dyno is smart enough to know how to use and own a quality wideband. But if I found one that didn't I would run away as fast as I could. I would have my rig towed away if it didn't run.

Best bang for your buck:

TSP MS3 cam + Stage 2.5 TSP 5.3 liter heads + FAST 90mm intake and throttle body(both ported of course) + long tubes(not some redneck built ones that have different length runners) + dyno tune(if possible send the engine to the tuner and have it tuned on a engine dyno)

The parts listed above will and have netted from 135-150 REAR WHEEL horse power in F-body's for years. This set-up works and works very well. Call the guys at TSP and they will set up with everything and also will give you their recommendations on who needs to do the tuning.

Another good piece of advice is NOT to miss match parts. By using all TSP parts they know what works well together and they can give you a real world HP gain number.

patooyee said:
If your tuner isn't using a wideband he shouldn't be tuning. I would like to think that anyone with a dyno is smart enough to know how to use and own a quality wideband. But if I found one that didn't I would run away as fast as I could. I would have my rig towed away if it didn't run.

you would be suprised what some of the dumb asses around here do alot of them just use a hp tuner and melt peoples motors down

Latest posts