• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1 Ton YJ Build

Rebuilt kingpins, hubs, and brakes. plus 35 spline inner and outer chromo shafts and drive flanges.

a-39.jpg

i thought you were re butchering/building the body mount so you dont fold the frame where ya notched it?
:fawkdancesmiley:

Why is that?

unless he jumps it that is, there is still more than half of the frame left there, although jon was saying he is going to plate the frame around it to be on the safe side

but if you saw it in person its not nearly as bad as you think:awesomework:

so, your trying to tell me that i cant put a jack under one corner and watch it deflect????

i hope not since you can watch a stock frame deflect...

personaly, not only would i plate it, id triangulate it by tyeing the front of the frame into the cage.. but i guess thats just me...

besides, wheel hops just as hard on it as jumping...

there is still more than half of the frame left there
Which is A LOT less than half as strong as it was, in addition to creating a rather nasty stress riser. Also, that part of the frame is not supported well by the body, so it will take almost all the stress. That spot needs to be plated, for sure, but it should probly also be tied into the cage.

We shall see.

I personally dont think he needs to plate it. The half-pipe he welded in there is what strengthens that area he knotched. Plus that half-pipe looks 1/4" thick so its thicker than the frame.

pictures are very deceiving i highly doubt the frame will fold where he notched it:awesomework:

Wana take any bets on this? My frame is notched much like this and it's a much stronger frame that a YJ and it's part of the cage/ structure. Mine's bent like a mo fo.:booo:

Wana take any bets on this? My frame is notched much like this and it's a much stronger frame that a YJ and it's part of the cage/ structure. Mine's bent like a mo fo.:booo:

Your's is out front where you smash it into ****, and it is less thick between the notch and the top of frame.:fawkdancesmiley:

I don't see there being any crazy load happening back there, if it break's in half.......**** it, it's not mine:flipoff: ............. I'd run it

Yeah but you brake D60 parts like there toothpicks :; :corn:

If you look closely you'll see the three holes that are put in the frame on each edge for a crumple zone...they are located barely forward of the notch into the frame.

It's gonna fold in half for sure now :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

so, your trying to tell me that i cant put a jack under one corner and watch it deflect????

i hope not since you can watch a stock frame deflect...

personaly, not only would i plate it, id triangulate it by tyeing the front of the frame into the cage.. but i guess thats just me...

besides, wheel hops just as hard on it as jumping...

Can you post a picture of the last thing you built gus? And I call bullshit on wheel hop being as hard on a frame as jumping it.

Which is A LOT less than half as strong as it was, in addition to creating a rather nasty stress riser. Also, that part of the frame is not supported well by the body, so it will take almost all the stress. That spot needs to be plated, for sure, but it should probly also be tied into the cage.

We shall see.

While I agree that the notch didnt do anything to add strength to the frame I think your worried a bit too much. When my oil pan is sitting in the dirt you can point and laugh.

Your's is out front where you smash it into ****, and it is less thick between the notch and the top of frame.:fawkdancesmiley:

I don't see there being any crazy load happening back there, if it break's in half.......**** it, it's not mine:flipoff: ............. I'd run it

You would also wheel a yota :eeek: :flipoff:

If you look closely you'll see the three holes that are put in the frame on each edge for a crumple zone...they are located barely forward of the notch into the frame.

It's gonna fold in half for sure now :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

****, better not go wheelin with me, my frame is a ticking time bomb.

Anyway I dont mind if you post comments or criticisms...back to the build...

Last edited:
I say it'll hold for the few trips until you get bored of wheeling puny 60s and go Rockwells :fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

Last edited:
While I agree that the notch didnt do anything to add strength to the frame I think your worried a bit too much. When my oil pan is sitting in the dirt you can point and laugh.
Pfft, I'd be too busy helping you drag it back to the trailer.

If we sat here on our asses and didn't give (hopefully constructive) criticism when needed, we'd be a bunch of useless ass hats. Er I mean, even MORE useless ass hats :D