• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1200 HP on a stock 4.8 short block! LS power rules!!!

I knew a gut with a aftermarket turbo on a 5.3. He put the turbo on when the truck had about 1000 miles on it. He had 7 psi of boost 600+ HP and when he sold the truck it had almost 70K miles on it. The only issue he ever had with it was tires and axles. The only issue most other vehicles had with it was trying to catch up. It was hammered on a daily basis I still see the truck every now and again but do not know the new owner so I don't know if it has issues now.
A engine builder told me as long as you use modest boost and keep them properly tuned they will last forever.

Bronco Buster said:
I knew a gut with a aftermarket turbo on a 5.3. He put the turbo on when the truck had about 1000 miles on it. He had 7 psi of boost 600+ HP and when he sold the truck it had almost 70K miles on it. The only issue he ever had with it was tires and axles. The only issue most other vehicles had with it was trying to catch up. It was hammered on a daily basis I still see the truck every now and again but do not know the new owner so I don't know if it has issues now.
A engine builder told me as long as you use modest boost and keep them properly tuned they will last forever.

Truff

What is cool as hell is they made over 60 dyno pulls most of them over the 1000hp mark and the only thing that had been change in the short block was the top ring gap on the stock rings and the only thing that couldnt handle the boost was the ignition. :****: I know mine isnt an LS motor but this article and the first one they did with and Ebay turbo on a 150,000 mile 5.3 that made 594HP was what made me start playing with my turbo engine play.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400