• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12V versus 24V cummins 5.9L

Bought a truck today will post pictures in the A.M.

5sp manual
12V
212XXX, wasnt real happy with the miles but its a manual so im not as worried and its a nice tight truck just had a lot of work done to it to get ready to sell, so far i am super happy

Awesome. :awesomework:

You got what more than a few consider to be mechanically the best year for the 2nd Gen 12v trucks.

212k isn't anything for the motor, but other stuff can be showing it's age by then. U-joints, bearings, bushings, clutch, brakes, etc. But if the guy put some coin into it, hopefully it's all tight.

First thing you need to do is check that KDP!

Congratulations. :cool:

wheres the pics!!!!!?:whip:

got in a hurry to leave for moses, didnt get a chance until now look below

A good GAS mileage test? Let me know how that works out for ya! :fawkdancesmiley:

????:eeek:

Awesome. :awesomework:

You got what more than a few consider to be mechanically the best year for the 2nd Gen 12v trucks.

212k isn't anything for the motor, but other stuff can be showing it's age by then. U-joints, bearings, bushings, clutch, brakes, etc. But if the guy put some coin into it, hopefully it's all tight.

First thing you need to do is check that KDP!

Congratulations. :cool:

Im going to have it checked either this week or next week, as well as the fuel filter changed and the 5th gear nut problem as well

and i will change the oil and filter but that i do myself o and an air filter

clutch feels pretty good for now im going to look into a price on getting it done so i know what it will cost

and i will have a mechanic go through the rest of the truck and make sure its all good to go,

the place i bought it from gave my copys to receipts of over 3 grand spent to get the truck ready to sell:awesomework: just general repairs and such

and without further adoo here is the picture

IMGP3563.jpg

ooooo looks pretty.. lemme know if you want any help lookin her over and see what needs to be taken care of :D

Will do!

the only real big things right now are the KDP and 5th gear nut bolt thingy and a lift pump to be on the safe side other than that seems to be pretty solid

bought it thursday and put 400 miles on it this weekend:awesomework:

nope not really. You'll want to get governer springs anyways.. If ya tow and have a 5 speed 12 valve.. It's almost as important as putting diesel in the tank.

Im going to talk to the guy im having do other work to it about the govenor springs, he is headed to BD diesel next week for a bunch of training as well so i think he is going to get me a fuel plate

Just for anyone reading this again the Killer Dowel Pin has been found in some cases through 2002 model cummins.