• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1989 Bronco problems.

bigstump

-=Captain sensitive=-
Some time ago I started a thread about my Bronco, 89 full size with 5.0. Without going into details about it I'll start over with what I've done thus far and what is still occuring.

This is what I've done.

Complete tune up.
New high pressure fuel pump.
New tank and sending unit, including the low pressure pump.
New fuel system reservour.
New fuel filter.
New throttle position sensor.

The Motor only has about 15,000 miles on it after a complete rebuild.

The problems is it wont start. It cranks and cranks but wont start.

Yes I have spark, bright and stronge spark, yes my fuel pumps work. Yes there is fuel in the tank.
However when I connect the fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail and crank the motor over it reads no pressure. Am I missing something?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Trying to get it fixed before next Wednesday becuase I'm supposed to be driving it to Madras.

Do you have the fuel supply (high pressure) and return lines (low pressure) connected properly or are they backwards? If backwards you have probably destroyed the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail as well.

You also may have air caught in the fuel rails, is there a bleeder valve on the fuel rail? Looks like a standard bicycle tube valve. Turn the fuel pump on and press down on the valve to let the air out, fuel should eventually come squirting out.

Is there an intank screen on the pick up line? It may be plugged.

either your lines are crossed or your fuel pump aint working. pull the line off at the fuel filter and see if you gettin fuel if not pull your tank

The sending unit, tank, low pressure pump in the tank and fuel screen on the pump in the tank are new. The fuel lines are not crossed. I will however go back tonight after work and try bleeding the fuel line at the fuel rail, this I have not done as of yet. The thought has crossed my mind that I probubly have a great deal of air in the lines after having changed so many of the components in the fuel system. Thanks.

Latest posts