• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1989 Corolla feed thru Transaxle oils

whiterice

Earlier I posted about a automatic transaxle that blew up afte 50+ miles.
Thought I got the answer with the diff and trans having different oil chambers.
So got the car back in the garage and just pulled the diff drain plug thinking it was going to be dry(separate oil systems) and I never put any oil in there. There is a filler plug in the aft side of the transaxle, but it had ATF coming out. Pulled the auto trans oil pan and drained that. Going to get the toast transaxle out now. Anyone got a real answer as to if this has a separate diff/trans oil base or if they are a feed thru system. I believe the trans is a 3 spd A131L auto
Thanks

thanks Kevin, just couldn't figure \how oil came out when I didn't put any in, but I gut you add the grenaded diff anything is possialbe. Now does it take 10/40 in the diff or ATF?? Thanks agian

Check the fill plug. Some say right on it. I was wondering if maybe one of the axles popped part way out? That would make a horrible noise (but not catastrophic repair)

Both CV axles were still in, no oil leakage either. When I pulled the magnetic plug from the diff, it looked like an art sculpture..... I picked out another PAP transaxle yesterday and should get around to installing it some day after work this week. Dextron III in the trans and GL80/90 for diff... that should stay together this time around.. I just need to pick up some new CV axle seals and clean it up a bit....

I actually just did a filter and fluid change on a similar corolla that a family friend bought new qnd wanted everything looked over before handing it off to his 16 year old son. The diff had atf in it no mistaking it.

francis you know you're going to be banned again yet you just keep coming back. And you say Rick is persistent... At least he is right. :flipoff:

Go back to timbercrawler, they seem to be loving you. :haha:

As if I'm going to trust anything from those Toyota propagandists at Toyota North America... francis I think you are getting sucked into the mushroom factory. Rick and I need to lead you back to the light. Ironic isn't it? :cheer::redneck: