• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1994 Toyota Tire Sizing help

dventoza

My cousin just bought a 1994 toyota pickup, ext cab. It is completely stock and in need of new tires. He wants to get the biggest tire size (height) possible without any rubbing. The most wheeling it will see is logging roads and maybe tahuya and some snow runs. He wants to get the bfg all terrains. So my question is... How big of a tire can he fit without any fender trimming?

Thats what I was thinking. He was alos consideringa body lift just to get some bigger tires. How much of a lift would it take for 33's?

33x9.5's on stock 7" wheels will juuust touch the mud flap when turning and hitting a bump. Otherwise Crash is right, 31's are pretty much the limit unless he want's to start cutting.

I'm running 32x11.50R15 BFG M/T KM2's and with a little fender massage it barely misses. My plan is too replace the worn out back springs and some BJ spacers for the front to match the rear 6" shackles and It won't rub.

BTW I have some bran new 30x9.50R15 Wrangler A/t's for sale on yota wheels. Set of 5 for $350. :redneck:

Last edited:
my buddy ran 32x11.5 bfg all terrains on a stock 94 for a while...

if its gonna be mainly a snow rig, he should look at 33x9.5 or 33x10.5, i had a buddy that ran 33x9.5s on stock rims, an that thing did awesome in the snow...

for cheap lift... 2 inch body lift an 1.5 inch BJ spacers will fit 33x12.5s,

or buy a used 4 inch lift off craigslist for cheap...

or to save money in the long run, SAS it :awesomework:

my buddy ran 32x11.5 bfg all terrains on a stock 94 for a while...

if its gonna be mainly a snow rig, he should look at 33x9.5 or 33x10.5, i had a buddy that ran 33x9.5s on stock rims, an that thing did awesome in the snow...

for cheap lift... 2 inch body lift an 1.5 inch BJ spacers will fit 33x12.5s,

or buy a used 4 inch lift off craigslist for cheap...

or to save money in the long run, SAS it :awesomework:

Diff Drops and BL's suck. A simple BJ spacer/Shackle lift will get ya to the 33" fitting area.

I ran 33, 12.5 15 bfg mud terains and supper swampers on my 94 toy with no rubbing (mud flaps had all ready ben removed ) I had 32mm rancho torchen bars cranked up. The big kicker is to run the stock Option five spoke crome wheels of the 85 solid axle.

I ran 33, 12.5 15 bfg mud terains and supper swampers on my 94 toy with no rubbing (mud flaps had all ready ben removed ) I had 32mm rancho torchen bars cranked up. The big kicker is to run the stock Option five spoke crome wheels of the 85 solid axle.

You get real good flex with cranked torsion bars. :awesomework:

Flex and IFS in the same sentence is kind of an oxymoron!!!!

Oxymoron?

oxi.jpg

You get real good flex with cranked torsion bars. :awesomework:

:looser:

Flex and IFS in the same sentence is kind of an oxymoron!!!!:fawkdancesmiley:

:haha::haha::haha: Genius

Oxymoron?

oxi.jpg

:haha::haha::haha:

Not exactly, I've seen many IFS rigs do things that SAS rigs were able to do. The biggest difference is reliability... :rolleyes:

:eeek::scratchhead:
x2 Oxymoron?

:haha::haha:

But since your too slow I willing to help the mentaly chalenged.
94 yota's came with 27mm tor.bars stock going to a 32mm tor.bars isent going to help FLEX and as stated befor IFS...Flex....:haha:. Maybe, just maybe I didn't want flex Because it was also setup for....

Jumping.

Just a guess from sponsered in part by..

CAPTION OBVIOS

:redneck::flipoff::stirpot:

After me and many of my buddys have made the mistake of trying to wheel IFS an just brakin ****, i will never make the mistake of liftin an IFS truck again...i will either keep it stock, or SAS it...a straight axle is in a totally different ball park then IFS...plus, ya can SAS a toyota for about the same price as IFS liftin it, an ya can keep the ride quality if ya set up the front spring pack right...

o an IFS rigs can have "some" flex...:redneck:
l_6991ae44a8e44bd1a596bee6feb432f6.jpg

but SA have so much better flex...:awesomework:
l_52aa2ecf90bb4cf7a251d6863ccda0c5.jpg

Having owned both STOCK IFS and SA rigs I can tell you that an IFS rig can do just as much if not more then a SA rig in stock trim. Lifting an IFS via Dif drop is :rb: in my opinion, great way to get bigger tires on your rig but a poor way to make it more capable.

What are you expecting to do with this rig? Mall Crawl? Dune jump? or actually hit some rocks?

Just an example that IFS rigs can hang with the SA boys. :fawkdancesmiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x82Fz7gljeA&feature=related

My DD is an 89 X-cab with zero lift, locked front and rear on 33s, fits perfect no rubbing.

My DD is an 89 X-cab with zero lift, locked front and rear on 33s, fits perfect no rubbing.

Pinch welds rubbed out? 12.50's? I know the 3rd gens have a little bigger fender wells but damn. :booo: