• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1kz-te turbo into toy tacoma ???

traildemon

I think my 40's are killing my 2.7 & thinking about importing one of those 3 litre toyota turbo diesels just wondering what people have heard about them good or bad. My options are that or 4.3 vortec but would rather keep it mostly toyota Thanks

What about a 3.4? Direct bolt in and it Toyota! If you need more power supercharge it. Also you could get the 3.4 and supercharger for what the diesel would cost, let alone the cost of the conversion.

I have 4.88 gears in it it goes down the road good. I just have a serious noise coming out of the upper engine when its cold Im hoping its the timing chain I just saw one of those diesels thought it would be nice to have the lower end torque.

I dont think the timing chain is a worry. I belive Toyota says the timing chain will last the life of the motor or longer.

They are noisy motors to begin with. Open it up and see where the noise is coming from.

Got it figured out. just needed a few shim changes. Its running good now a little quieter too. gonna do a full tune up on it. Its just been neglected too long it has 150k on it and I think that was the first time the valve cover has ever been off. it just got paid off so I better be nice to it.