• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2000 ram 1500

crapyota

ok. my wheeler now needs a trailer to get around.
and i have a 2000 ram 1500 5.9(gas).we just got the truck awhile back(march).
the dealership put new heads on it right when we bought it. the truck runs great. it has a flowmaster on it.other then that i think its stock drivetrain wise. it does have lift and 35"s.
i used it to go to reiter on memorial day. camped out by the rock garden!
i bought a new 7x16 trailer and hauled the gf's quad and my wheeler on the trailer. with my bike,my sons bike,and all the camping supplies in the bed of the dodge.it was slow taking off from stops but once she was moving the dodge seemed o.k.
anythoughts on how this will do towing my stuff? say to naches.
i dont have any other truck to use and no funds to buy a cummins right now.
i know its going to suck the gas down.
anything i might want to do to it?
are the programers worth it? are they gonna realy help with changing shift points, and what not? this is the truck i have so what do i need to?
i will post pics of said truck,and toys later. i am so behind i havent even got pics of the new truck or bikes,and quad,or any of my 4runner since cutting more of it off,and exo caging it. work sucks!! it kills my free time!!:cool:

thanks for any input!

that got a hemi in it? :D

according to the information I have found it shows that you can tow up to 9,000 lbs thats quite a bit.... if your going over the mountains just take it easy keep your foot out of it.

Last edited:
thanks guys keep it coming.
it apears they bhave cut tranny lines from stock cooler,and put on a smaller aftermarket cooler wtf!

i know allison probably likes thebig tires and lift but id ditch that stuff for economy reasons. keep the tranny fluid changed every year at least.

the built it to tow with stock tires.

thanks guys keep it coming.
it apears they bhave cut tranny lines from stock cooler,and put on a smaller aftermarket cooler wtf!

That's good news most likely. The stock trans coolers are typically integrated into the lower part of the radiator and consequently don't really cool all that well. If you have room, put the biggest cooler you can in there.

Smaller tires, big trans cooler, trans temp gauge, good trailer brake controller and ultimately the right gears will all make the biggest differences.