• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2002 Chevy 2500 help if you please.

Droopy

Hey guys. I figured you all would be more helpful than Pirate, so I thought I'd throw this up.

After going to every dealership around here I finally found someone to shoot straight with me. Most just put me off, etc, etc. We can look at it in 3 weeks, blah blah blah.

I've got an injector going out in my 2002 Cheby 2500. I've found a Duramax mechanic to do it at his house for real cheap. He said I can buy my own injectors...he is going to charge me the same labor to do all 8 or 1. He gave me the option of buying factory injectors at $330 a piece opposed to $460 a piece the same dealership wants for them at the counter. Apparently I'm retarded on searching for this on the net, but is there other options out there for injectors for my truck? Are they cheaper? Is there aftermarket available? Nobody seems to know.

It's out of warranty. Apparently it was bought way early...the warranty went out this time last year...before I had trouble.

Oh...and I know, it's junk, Dodge's rule...blah blah blah. Just can't swing a new truck right now. We close on our new house in a few weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Droop

Droop, it is out of the special injector warranty also? I had a 2000 dodge and mine went out right before warranty ended, so it was free.

Go to the Diesel Place forums and search there, that is the best place for info on those trucks. I believe there may not be much in the aftermarket for those injectors, but if there is then get it. I have heard they never changed the design on the factory injectors, which means they will fail again at some point.

That's right - some of those Chevy's were notorious for injector issues - they never did a recall but were fixing them out of warranty. It is worth a try if you bought it from a dealership you may be able to get it down but an 02 is pretty old for some of that

It's out of the injector warranty. That's the warranty I'm talking about. I bought the truck with new injectors installed in it. It was in the garage with new injectors being installed when I was truck shopping a few years ago. I knew that Chevy's had injector trouble, so I thought if I got a truck with brand new injectors in it, then I would be set until I'm ready for a new truck. Well...that was 90,000 miles ago. Here we are today with one out of it.

The dealership said that because it had them replaced back when I bought the truck, that killed any chance of them fudging me in to get a warranty job on it. Oh well. Every place I've stopped at has been dicks and lie. One even told me that injectors don't go out in Chevy's. Must be something else. How about this 2009 we got out here. :****: We'll give you a couple thousand trade in on your truck.

benfowler87 said:
I can get them over the counter here at the dealership for 250 a piece.

Really? This guy told me with his discount it would be $330 a piece. Is he full of it? Or do you get that good of a hookup? I'll be calling you. Thanks.

I had a friend send me a link for reman ones for $149 each after reading this thread on here. Not saying I want to jump on that yet. But, it's worth looking into.

Are the injectors I would buy at the dealership remanned as well? I was told they were by my dude at the dealership. What's the real scoop Ben?