• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2003 dodge diesel exhaust question

Torrance

I've been researching new exhaust for my truck (03 dodge cummins crew automatic dually 4x4) and keep finding 2003-2004 and then 2004.5 and up, anyone know the difference in the 2004.5+ or know if i can put it on my 03, thought i read somewhere about a exhaust elbow off of the newer trucks turbo but i can't confirm. my 03 has a additional elbow off the back.

Mine is 3.5". And is rotting away. Going to do 5". The newer year kits seem a little cheaper and have more of a selection. Was looking into the dual outlet kits. But guess I'll just do the single 5". Thanks for the help.

I can't say that I've purposly heard the 5". But want it loud. And also for egts. I guess if I end up thinking it's too loud I can do a muffler.

Straight 4" is obnoxious. 5" even more so. Some like that kind of thing. Most get tired of it. You'll have no difference in EGT's between the two. So don't let that be your deciding factor.

Thanks willbilt. So to clarify. My 03. Has a 3.5". And let's say a 04.5. Has a 4" ? Therefore a 04.5 and newer won't work? Unless I get a adapter to mate the different size pipes together? I really wanna do dual 5". But can't find it for my 03. But the lengths of exhaust are the same?

Thanks willbilt. So to clarify. My 03. Has a 3.5". And let's say a 04.5. Has a 4" ? Therefore a 04.5 and newer won't work? Unless I get a adapter to mate the different size pipes together? I really wanna do dual 5". But can't find it for my 03. But the lengths of exhaust are the same?
Just get an 03-04 downpipe and the rest can be 04.5+. The powershop in Enumclaw can help you with that.

when I had my 2005 I ran a full 4" with an AFE muffler on it for a while and then I traded a friend my 4" for his full 5" with an Aero muffler. I liked the sound of the 5"... it was deeper and I think I little quieter on the freeway. ZERO EGT change and I am a gauge watcher.

I have thewa mega cab with a 5.9 TDC. I put a 5in MPBR kit on and it was way to loud and had a bad drone inside the cab. So I move the MPBR muffler forward under the pass front seat and put on a 5in Huch power muffler with a 9in case on it where the stock one was. Now it has a nice deep tone to it and no bad drone inside.

No adapter needed. The down pipe v band sizes did not change on any common rail 5.9s. Like I said the down pipe connection at the turbo is the same 03-07.

Latest posts