• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2015 GMC Duramax

Joe V Clayton in Arab, AL for a Chevy. Stay away from Courtesy GMC in Trussville unless you have deep pockets. Even my buddy that's a salesman there can't get me a deal worth a ****.

Carl Glass @ Bob Hembree Chevrolet in Guntersville, AL (256) 582-5603

I can't say anything about the deal, but I know he is the closest thing to an honest car salesman that you'll ever see.

muddinmetal said:
Carl Glass @ Bob Hembree Chevrolet in Guntersville, AL (256) 582-5603

I can't say anything about the deal, but I know he is the closest thing to an honest car salesman that you'll ever see.

I thought you would say big Eddie Johnson was the most honest one there! LMAO :flipoff1:

May not be worth your time but I have a buddy that bought a new truck in Texas saved over $7,000 from the best deal he could find around the Chattanooga area and that included his plane ticket out there they met him at the airport and picked him up he said he was back on the road headed home in less than 3 hours may be worth checking into on a high dollar truck like you are wanting

KVINSON said:
May not be worth your time but I have a buddy that bought a new truck in Texas saved over $7,000 from the best deal he could find around the Chattanooga area and that included his plane ticket out there they met him at the airport and picked him up he said he was back on the road headed home in less than 3 hours may be worth checking into on a high dollar truck like you are wanting

Ive heard that before.

Texas has some HUGE dealers that move huge volumes of trucks.

Hell, they even have dealers that ONLY sell trucks.

TBItoy said:
Hell, they even have dealers that ONLY sell trucks.

I don't remember seeing any cars at the place I bought mine here in Alabama. The only had a handful of SUVs. Bunch of trucks though.

He said that where he bought his was mostly trucks said it wasn't a big fancy dealership but had sales people everwhere in cubicales they are making money on volume I think I heard two thirds of the truck sold in the US is in Texas I know this guy and he is tight he would not have made the trip if it wasn't worth it

KVINSON said:
He said that where he bought his was mostly trucks said it wasn't a big fancy dealership but had sales people everwhere in cubicales they are making money on volume I think I heard two thirds of the truck sold in the US is in Texas I know this guy and he is tight he would not have made the trip if it wasn't worth it

Mexicans drive Texas economy & Mexicans love trucks :****:

I worked for a Chevy store for a few years, there is no way there is thousands of dollars difference in prices on the EXACT truck! Same company builds them for all the dealers, cost all dealers the same, there is rebates that affect the price according where you live or what you traded in. There is probably less than 3 k dollar mark up from dealer cost to window sticker on the most expensive truck out there. I always loved the people that came in and got a price on a fully loaded LTZ truck, then you seen them a few weeks later driven a work truck telling all the people how much cheaper they bought it somewhere else!

zukimaster said:
I worked for a Chevy store for a few years, there is no way there is thousands of dollars difference in prices on the EXACT truck! Same company builds them for all the dealers, cost all dealers the same, there is rebates that affect the price according where you live or what you traded in. There is probably less than 3 k dollar mark up from dealer cost to window sticker on the most expensive truck out there. I always loved the people that came in and got a price on a fully loaded LTZ truck, then you seen them a few weeks later driven a work truck telling all the people how much cheaper they bought it somewhere else!

Going from Woodson Jones in Fort Payne to Joe V Clayton in Arab saved my brother around 7 grand on the exact same truck.

Maybe you worked for an honest dealer.

Re: Re: 2015 GMC Duramax

zukimaster said:
From another ex-salesman......this 100% true.

Same goes for "doc fees". One place has a 100$ doc fee....another has 500.....customer states the 500$ doc fee place beat the 100$ doc fee place by 400$ all the time. 8):p

And yes....the doc fees are pure profit markup.

KVINSON said:

Do you happen to know the name of dealer?

85toyo said:
Going from Woodson Jones in Fort Payne to Joe V Clayton in Arab saved my brother around 7 grand on the exact same truck.

Maybe you worked for an honest dealer.
. So, you think Joe V really lost 5-6 thousand in hard money to sell your brother a truck? I worked for Woodson Jones from 2003-2008, and I'm in a Ford, Gmc, Chevy, Dodge dealer almost on a daily basis buying cars, every dealer within its brand, it's linked together on computers, meaning I can be blow joe Chevy in Birmingham and can pull up every car that's on a Chevy lot in Oregon and it's dealer cost, the only way to compare a new vehicle exactly, it has to have the exact MSRP, all that extra bullshit like bed liner, pinstripe, or whatever, is dealer added. I do this **** every day and have most my life, you can have 2 identical looking trucks sitting side my side, and there can be hundreds of dollars in difference by stuff you can not see, like locking diff, spare tire lock, oil coolers, etc. bottom line there is only one manufacturer that makes the vehicle, so every dealer is on the same page, any of you guys looking at a new truck, get me the vin# and I will show you. Rant over for now

muddinmetal said:
Mexicans drive Texas economy & Mexicans love trucks :****:

This is true, Mexicans likes Chebies because 95% of a Chevy is made in Mexico.

He said the dealer his came from is in Vernon TX when he bought his the name was Vernon Auto Group he thinks it may have changed now he also told me another friend of his bought one in Houston at Mack Hilek (hes not sure on spelling on last name ) he said he would be glad to get the correct spelling and a number if you need it

Something else to keep in mind for you people that thinks going half way across the country to buy a truck is great, anytime you buy or get a price out of state, they don't charge you tax, and when you go to get your tag and have to write a 3k dollar check you might **** yourself. something to keep in mind when getting prices, you need to know what tax rate your county and state has to add to the price of the vehicle.