• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2017 Super Duty

clemsonjeep

The lighter material allowed engineers to introduce sturdier parts such as larger axles, brakes and hitches, stronger driveline and transfer cases — and still reduce overall weight by up to 350 pounds, Slevin said.

The truck sits higher off the ground, is wider and the cabs are up to five inches longer than the outgoing model, depending on the trim level, said Gordon Platto, chief designer for F-Series trucks.

Engines include the carryover 6.2-liter V8 gasoline engine on the F-250 only, as well as the 6.8-liter V10 gasoline engines and there is a 6.7-liter V8 turbo-diesel engine. There is a new six-speed transmission for the F-250. Horsepower and torque figures have not been released yet.

For the first time the truck has adaptive steering that requires less effort to steer at low speeds.

Jennifer Shaw, driver assistance supervisor, said there are seven cameras around the truck, including one at the back and the blind-spot detection system will check for traffic around both truck and trailer. A camera on the back of the truck also helps with hitching the trailer in the first place. A guidance system can see the sides of the trailer and has lines on the screen to help coach the driver backing up.

The truck's reveal at the state fair will be live broadcast from Texas at 11:45 a.m. It can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/FordTrucks and there will be simultaneous events at the world headquarters in Dearborn as well as the Irvine design studio in California, said Brian Rathsburg, Super Duty marketing manager.

635786373028996282-2017-Ford-Super-Duty-01.jpg

635786373029464030-2017-Ford-Super-Duty-02.jpg

635786373029464030-2017-Ford-Super-Duty-03.jpg

635786373038351242-2017-Ford-Super-Duty-04.jpg

635786373029464030-2017-Ford-Super-Duty-05.jpg

Re:

I wonder what the sticker on that King Ranch will be. Also curious on towing capacity. It blows my mind what new pickups are pulling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

About time they got the rear seat area figured out so its more user friendly. the side badges are terrible but I do like the painted grill and bumper on the KR. Only problem is Im not willing to spend 75k on a new truck lol

Haha skipped leg day! Classic. Hell I guess they all do. I was at my buddies the other day, as usual a ford on the lift with motor torn apart. I don't get it. I guess it's cause he gets such good deals on fords, but I was asking him about fords.. His response "they just haven't made a motor you can trust since the 7.3".
As a Chevy driver , I have to tip my hat to ford owners.. Keep the faith my friends. Keep the faith. I Bet a new king ranch is 75k ? Seriously disturbing.

At least Ford is trying to build one on their own.

Chevy owners are just driving around over priced ISUZU's... :stir:

Nothing against a DMAX...just can't stand the truck thats wrapped around it...same reason I won't own a Dodge

Ford got a really bad rep with the 6.0 & 6.4 but now that they have the 6.7 ( built by Ford ) they seem to be doing great. My 2012 6.7 has been great and I tow 34k on a frequent basis. My truck currently has 104,000 miles.

I have been very lucky with my 04 6.0 260k with no major issues, 60% of its life has been pulling something.

xjpaddler said:
I have been very lucky with my 04 6.0 260k with no major issues, 60% of its life has been pulling something.

I've got an 07 6.0 that hadn't given much issue. Only engine down time was the dummy plugs. Quick and easy fix and she's been solid ever since.

However, I may be one of the 1% that had a transmission fail before catastrophic failure of the 6.0. My truck only pulls 3-4 times a year and only has 126,000 on it. Went to gray rock earlier this year and came back. No issues on the trip but the trans took a dump the next week when the pump went out and took the clutches with it.

Now I've got a new one with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty...game on!

Haha I didn't finance my house for that long but your probably right, it's crazy the price for new vehicles

I KKE the fact Ford's the only American auto maker not on Welfare. I work for the government and had the pleasure of a furlough when we we're giving all that money to GM and dodge cause there Unions refused a pay cut. I wouldn't piss on either one if they were on fire.

sledneck said:
About time they got the rear seat area figured out so its more user friendly. the side badges are terrible but I do like the painted grill and bumper on the KR. Only problem is Im not willing to spend 75k on a new truck lol

I'm betting the sticker is in the 80s. I saw one for $84,000 on a lot a while back.