• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

205 to 203

wagonslayer

I have a 205 t-case behind my 435 and I just got a 203 t-case , can I double them up in the 205/203 order with an adapter or do I have to go with the 203/205 order ?

The 203 goes between your transmission and 205 in any and all situations. The adaptor provides linkage between the two transfer cases. You will need to find a transmission with an output to your 203 gear box or swap output shafts on your tranny.

Follow?

More at offroaddesigns.com or nwfw.com

x2

Done it twice now, 203 TO a 205, you can also do a 205 TO a 205..... But easiest, find a 203 (they're cheap) with the correct input spline for your tranny, and then figure out the rest of your combo.

Could you give some mroe details on what you have?

Tranny? input/output spline counts on the 203 and 205? bolt pattern/style (6 round or figure 8?) on the 205?

doubler

chevy 350 with a sm465 and a 205 t-case , every thing is still in the jeep so I don't know the spline counts yet.The 203 is not at my house yet.I think I'll just do the 203/205 if I can find the adapter.

dont wuote me, but from the sounds of your setup you;ve got a figure 8 style 205 with a 10 spline out the front of the 205, you'll prolly want to change that out....

to the best of my knowledge, you could only get the 10 spline (4spd) 203 for 1 year in a Chevy ... 1974 ... most likely the 203 you got is a TH350 version (maybe a TH400 version if your lucky) , and wont work behind your 4spd.

Sorry to pee on your Cheerios.

If you did happen to stumble across a 10spline 4spd 203, the adapters are hard to come buy and sell for a premium.

Makes me wish I hadn't thrown away so many 5-6 years ago... ****...

dont wuote me, but from the sounds of your setup you;ve got a figure 8 style 205 with a 10 spline out the front of the 205, you'll prolly want to change that out....

I believe all chevy and dodge 205's have a ten spline front output. Ford have the treasured 32 spline that can also be farmed for parts and put in your chebby.

One thought for you Flexjay: What about purchasing the Lowmax np205 case and gears. It costs less than the doubler and gives you a decent 3:1 case ratio. It will also fit your transmission (you reuse most of your internals) and bolt up with stock shifters and mounts.

Easy = wheeling sooner. Besides, you can always double up later if 3:1 does not work for yah.

I believe all chevy and dodge 205's have a ten spline front output. Ford have the treasured 32 spline that can also be farmed for parts and put in your chebby.

One thought for you Flexjay: What about purchasing the Lowmax np205 case and gears. It costs less than the doubler and gives you a decent 3:1 case ratio. It will also fit your transmission (you reuse most of your internals) and bolt up with stock shifters and mounts.

Easy = wheeling sooner. Besides, you can always double up later if 3:1 does not work for yah.

Ford has 32 spline on the output shafts, not the inputs. The ford has a 31 spl. input (that's that i have :D )

Chevy has a 27 or 30 (smaller bearing size) or 30 or 32 spline (larger bearing size) input and 32 spline outputs on Most IIRC. And the chevy 205s that came behind the 4spds were 10 spl.

Dodge I can remember.

There is a chart somewhere, should just find that:redneck: