• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22r problems

MyDixieWrecked

My buddy bought a DOA motor a year or so ago and he just got around to putting it in not to long ago and hes tryin to gettin runnin. it runs like ****. its missin and cylenders 3 and 4 arnt firing they keep fouling plugs. He had a stock yota carb on it then he put a 2 barrle holley on it. it is getting spark. but its like they are getting to much fuel ? any ideas??

Vavles is a good place to start, but it sounds like it is timing and carburation. I would move the distributor around making sure it was on tdc whrn the distributor was installed(sbc is my field of knowledge) and go from there. It just sounds like the timing is off.

Yeah, I would definitely check the timing too. I know these motors will run with the dizzy off a good amount - albeit horribly. Had a friend make that mistake in the past.

~T.J.

there is a carb on the floor here off a running 22 r a few weeks ago
also check plugs and change them check wires for breaks or burned spotsin the,m bring number 1 up to timing mark before tdc then plug plug wire and turn dist till you get a spark lock it down drain oild and change filter then try to start it

Bah, yeah, I completely skipped that. If the damn rings are stuck or even installed wrong, then you have no compression, DUH!

~T.J.

Latest posts