• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22r rev limiter

wilbilt

What is the best way to put a rev limiter on a 22r? I have a heavy right foot and have smoked two sets of bearings.

MSD Ignition?

At least, I remember seeing a MSD iginition box that had an adjustable rev limiter built into it. I've though of using one to bring my rev limiter down ~1000 rpm and tighten it up, because as of now, when it hits rev box, it drops about 500 rpm before it starts climbing again.

Last edited:
MSD type ignition would have several advantages, and give you an adjustable rev limiter. Mallory's Hyfire EZ setups don't even require you to do any hacking on your wiring,they trigger off your stock coil, it's swapping a coil wire, mounting a couple components and giving the box a 12v source. Right around the same price as the MSD 6AL.

MSD type ignition would have several advantages, and give you an adjustable rev limiter. Mallory's Hyfire EZ setups don't even require you to do any hacking on your wiring,they trigger off your stock coil, it's swapping a coil wire, mounting a couple components and giving the box a 12v source. Right around the same price as the MSD 6AL.

Two products were found when I did a search for "Mallory Hyfire EZ" on Summits site, Neither of which have rev limiting capabilities. Am I missing something?

Two products were found when I did a search for "Mallory Hyfire EZ" on Summits site, Neither of which have rev limiting capabilities. Am I missing something?

I can't find the whole EZL kit on Summit's site either, they have just the box, or the kit that doesn't have a limiter in it.

Here's the Hyfire EZL kit on Jegs though.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mallory/650/6856M/10002/-1

look on LC engineering's site. they have crane ignition systems with rev limiter that they recommend. When i setup my new motor this is what i will run unless someone else has a better idea

Just weld a nut in the floor board under the pedal. Then thread a long bolt in to the the proper RMP desired.

:beer:

Cheapest and EASIEST!! this is basically how my gas pedal
is set up. Not as a rev limiter but to keep my throttle body butterfly from getting hyperextended.:redneck:

Works great:beer:

Latest posts