• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re injector problem

now that i think about it. i somewhat remember there being another circuit open relay around the steering column side of the dash... how long ago was this system up in running in another vehicle?

now that i think about it. i somewhat remember there being another circuit open relay around the steering column side of the dash... how long ago was this system up in running in another vehicle?

There is a "main relay" over there, and I have that hooked up too. The donor truck was running up to the day I pulled the motor out. About 10 days ago.:awesomework:

You could hook up your test light and grond E1 i think it is and it could give you an idea of whats going on. Im thinkin your missing a B+ wire on your ecu I just efi'd my truck last week and went through all this.

You could hook up your test light and grond E1 i think it is and it could give you an idea of whats going on. Im thinkin your missing a B+ wire on your ecu I just efi'd my truck last week and went through all this.

+B is hooked up. My main relay goes to it, as well as the ciruit opening relay. The factory service manual shows E1 as being a ground....

I remember there being 3 or 4 wires that had to be hooked up to power do you have a schematic for that year engine I cant find a fsm for that year

this isnt you..is it?
if not, there might be something useful there...
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327429

No, that's not me, but I have read that a couple times already:redneck:
and are you sure you're ignition splice is correct? doesnt it the signal from the igniton/dizzy?
My ignition splice might not be correct. All I did there was hook my original coil wires to the new coil, and hook up my factory starter wire up to the new starter, so it will work off of my key.

My ignition splice might not be correct. All I did there was hook my original coil wires to the new coil, and hook up my factory starter wire up to the new starter, so it will work off of my key.
i thought you might have already seen it.

do you have the ECU mounted? does IT have to be mounted/grounded?

im saving this thread...
my nephew is doing this very same thing right now. not sure how far along he is tho....not this far i dont think...

im saving this thread...
my nephew is doing this very same thing right now. not sure how far along he is tho....not this far i dont think...

I usually have it bolted to a good grounded spot, just i case it has to be. I don't know for sure if it does or not. Maybe someone else knows. I will look it up:awesomework:

I plan on putting all the helpful information that I can possibly think of in this thread or a new one. I am mechanically inclined and all, but some of this stuff is overwhelming.

I have a copy of an '88 specific FSM, but mine is an '89. I dont know if there is a difference or not....

88 and 89 are two different birds...it may be that you've hookeded the original coils wires instead of the coil wires in the new harness...:awesomework:

im saving this thread...

88 and 89 are different. the ecm does not have to be grounded.

i would recheck your splices. something is hooked up incorrectly, if this thing was running fine 10 days ago

how much splicing did you do and to what did you splice? gauges/ignition ect... E1 is ground.

if you truck fires up when you spray into the intake then i would think that your coil and ignitor are hooked up properly.

88 and 89 are two different birds...it may be that you've hookeded the original coils wires instead of the coil wires in the new harness...:awesomework:

I have the new one hooked up. It plugs right in to the efi harness, and the 22r coil doesn't. It has a different plug. Same as the distributor plug...they are so different, you cannot hook them up wrong. I attached the 22r coil wires to the front of the coil(-,+), where they were on the 22r coil.

88 and 89 are different. the ecm does not have to be grounded.

i would recheck your splices. something is hooked up incorrectly, if this thing was running fine 10 days ago

how much splicing did you do and to what did you splice? gauges/ignition ect... E1 is ground.

if you truck fires up when you spray into the intake then i would think that your coil and ignitor are hooked up properly.

That's what I was thinkin.:awesomework:

I am using the 22re harness ONLY for running the engine. I am using no other plugs, lights blinkers wipers gauges....none. The only real splicing I did was the ignition and the fuel pump. Everything else should be ran by the computer. Right??

That's what I was thinkin.:awesomework:

I am using the 22re harness ONLY for running the engine. I am using no other plugs, lights blinkers wipers gauges....none. The only real splicing I did was the ignition and the fuel pump. Everything else should be ran by the computer. Right??

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/1993/index.html

this should be really close to your harness.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/1993/index.html

this should be really close to your harness.

The only problem with that diagram, is that it doesn't match the donor truck. It shows the main EFI relay under the hood in the fuse box, and the ECM plugs are oriented different. On the '88 FSM, it shows the main EFI relay on the driver's side kick panel(where I found it), and the plugs for the ECM looked identical to the pictures shown in thier diagram. Not saying it is incorrect, but just going by looks, I would say the '88 FSM matched better......

Maybe there is an early '89 that shared the same setup as the '88's??? :eeek:

I checked the '88 diagrams against the '93 diagrams you linked to, and they do have suttle differences as far as what goes where.