• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

24hr of Lemons

Another race in the books this past weekend to close out 2012.

We had nearly 80 hours of seat time in 4 races this year. Took the green and checkered everyday that we raced!

img_0072_std_zps0373c5b6.jpg

This past weekend was the 24 Hour of Lemons Season Ender "Heeps in the Heart of Texas".
We made the cover shot of the Car & Driver magazine blog
http://blog.caranddriver.com/lemons-heaps-in-the-heart-of-texas-inspections-a-harley-powered-prius-and-some-other-stuff-we-didnt-really-notice/

Now on to the actual race GOD DAMN IT WAS COLD!!!!
We finished 5th Overall, and 2nd in Class B, thus sealing our position of winning the "Cherokee Cup". We were 12 laps behind the car that finished 1st in class, we should have never been 12 laps down. We had 25 minutes of downtime all weekend and lost by 18 minutes.

Saturday didnt start out all glorious. We arrived at the race trailer to unload our warm racecar only to find out the trailer heater shut off sometime overnight and the upper radiator hose was frozen. Since you cant run Anti-Freeze all teams ran the same risk. We did a quick dethaw session and got the car out to the starting grid. Green flag lets go racing.

The phrase "you cant win a race in one corner, but you can certainly lose one" has never been so true. We had minimal downtime but it was due to a blown tranny cooler line....which was due to overcooking into a turn and downshifting...which spiked the line pressure and thus blowing a fitting, which in turn puked all our tranny fluid all over the track, we made tons of friends over that..... Other than that it was a pretty uneventful race. We just kept turning very fast, very steady laps, we didnt leave the track really (well I had a 2 off on Sunday but no body saw it). I had a spin, and Steve had a spin. Only Steves was blackflag worthy, mine was power steering related.

We are still editing vid, and are stupid slow at it. Until then, I've got two videos for your enjoyments.......

Slow MO of one of the weekends wrecks Lancia vs. Fairmont wagon. These guys are doing about 90mph maybe a touch higher at this point of the track.
Lancia Fairmont wreck at the 24 Hours of LeMons in Eagles Canyon Raceway

Pulp Friction, he lands a good hit on a Neon in this vid.
ECR Laps + Contact

Turning laps
img_0336_std_zpse50e7b5e.jpg

img_0738-2_std_zpse97966ed.jpg

img_0555_std_zps0d239343.jpg

img_0515-2_std_zpsf3a8ab2d.jpg

kmcminn said:
What is that on the rear. Metal framed Thingy?

Yep, just a go-pro mount. Gives that cool video game view.

FM5332FF said:
do you guys race chump car? I work at Sebring here in FL.

We have actually been entertaining it since we are only scheduled to have 2 Texas Lemons races in 2013. We just cant believe how cheap our hours of seat time have ended up being. Its completely unparalleled in racing.

Bones said:
Wait a second? Wyatt is finishing races? Must be the teammates skills :flipoff1:

Yep, they have no idea, they even let me close out both days. :****: loller.gif :woody:

530414_440832025970996_353212170_n_zpsa4e30ad6.jpg

Cool Blog from today about a team that just keeps re-theming, they gotz hot womens. I bet we run Border Patrol until they force us to change.....
http://blog.caranddriver.com/because-lemons-legends-dont-just-win-races-the-amazing-cars-and-costumes-of-eyesore-racing/

Well maybe not like hot, but compared to all the dudes at races, they are situationally hot.
11-Eyesore-Racing-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Themes-626x426.jpg

I know there are some craft beer loving guys on here, and apparently there is a new show coming out called "Home Brew Battleground" well a lemons team that we've raced with at a few events made their commercial.
The Iroc Maiden team is a made of of a group of guys that all won the lottery together a few years back. And a couple of them desert race as well. If anyone is ever on Race-Dezert Fishdood the old admin guy is on this team. Same guy that co-drives for Pistol Pete regularly. Small world.

copy and paste from one of the guys post on the Lemons forum.
Okay so we have a man cave that we prep the car and keep the hauler at... It's in a strip mall with no signage or anything like that. Next door is a Home Brew Supply store. They were shooting a pilot for a new TV show called 'Home Brew Battleground'. I was adjusting the valves and this camera crew came over and asked if they could put the car in their show... We said: No problem how big of a burnout do you want?" their eyes lit up like like a beauty contest winner.

Check the promo video: I would say it's a rather healthy burnout

IROC MAIDEN TV PILOT

5:12am? wtf Wyatt?

and the doods lazy eye is not camera friendly....good :driving: though.

POSYJ said:
5:12am? wtf Wyatt?

and the doods lazy eye is not camera friendly....good :driving: though.

HA LOL, that timestamp has to be wrong, it was at least 5:15am :flipoff1:
I'm up before 5am on weekdays, got to make the donuts.