• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

24v Injectors

TRG4runner

So I am in need of some new injectors for my 99 24v Cummins. I was thinking about either doing the RV 275's or +75hp set. I am just wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the best/cheapest place to buy a set. I really need a new set and don't have a bunch of cash :booo: (or if anybody has or knows somebody with some :awesomework:)

how much money are we talking? Buying a set of used GOOD injectors would be better then some new "old school" injectors...

how much money are we talking? Buying a set of used GOOD injectors would be better then some new "old school" injectors...

As least cash as possible unfortunately..... I am just starting a new job and am a lot worse off than I planed. Inform me on what you mean by old school? I am just not that knowledgeable about diesels yet...

could allways hit ddp up for nozels and have them throw them on your bodys...

x2.

So long as your existing injectors are good a set of nozzles would be the best route.

From my own experience, the more holes in the nozzle the better. Better vaporization in the cylinder, less smoke, less heat.

DDP in Monroe can do just about anything you want with your injectors.

Edge used to make custom nozzles as well. There's lots of others out there as well.

x2.

So long as your existing injectors are good a set of nozzles would be the best route.

From my own experience, the more holes in the nozzle the better. Better vaporization in the cylinder, less smoke, less heat.

DDP in Monroe can do just about anything you want with your injectors.

Edge used to make custom nozzles as well. There's lots of others out there as well.

The reason I was thinking about a new set is because, from what I believe, one of them is going tits up. Rough idle (after warm) and rough running at low rpm's but when up to speed and higher rpm's, seems like its fine but sometimes after running for a bit will idle fine but I can shut it down and start it right back up and it will start doing it again. I already did a new fuel pump/filter and always would run some type of fuel treatment.... So I was thinking that it's pretty narrowed down and then from talking to a couple diesel tech's, they pretty much reassured what I was thinking and said it sounds like an injector problem. So am i correct on my thinking??

Last edited:
for comparison, a set of ddp 75's will make more power, deliver beter economy, smoke less and run cooler than old school 275's.

dont know where you are, but pulling 24v injectos is easy. pull them your self, take them to a GOOD diesel shop, have them cleaned and the pop presure reset.
the symptoms your describing sounds like the pop presure is realy low. 24v injectors shuld be set @ 290bar when i was building them i would hold the entire set within 3 bar. oem spec is +/- 5 bar so posability of 10 bar from high to low. ive seen aftermarket ones varry 40 bar across a set....

keep in mind more injector is going to need more air as well...

Latest posts