• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2nd shift, how do you do it?

Well, I took it. If anything, just to be able to put it on a resume. Only bad thing I can see coming from it is RJ is about to start playing hockey and teeball. Ol lady will have to take him to practice, etc., and I'll only be at the ballfield on the weekends.

I've been on 2nd for almost a year now. I don't mind going to school in the morning or night so that didn't bother me any. I'm single and don't have any kids, but there is no way I would be able to work 2nd and miss so much if I did have kids. I'm the youngest one on my shift by 17 years so all their kids are grown and moved out or live with an ex spouse the majority of the time. Being 20 and working full time 4PM-12:30AM means I miss out on almost everything I want to do with people all the time. I don't have many friends in town anyway but whenever they come back to town from whatever school they go to they never have to work or anything so it's annoying as hell to get asked everyday to hangout but I have to go work. Same with lady friends, no one my age wants to deal with their boyfriend working the untraditional hours when they're all done with classes or whatever. Even the gold diggers who try to find out how much I make an hour haha. My 2 off days rotate week to week and are rarely consistent. I might get 1 weekend off every 4-6 weeks, I work holidays, and I work 5-10 hours OT a week. If my schedule was only M-F with working minor holidays it would be fine. Working thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and July 4th sucks. Granted I'm off for this 4th but the plant is still running.

Could be worse. 1st shift has too many politics and big bosses there. I'd love the hours but I think I would throw myself in a machine if I had to work it every day. 3rd shift doesn't sound too bad anymore. I'm happy with what I have now, but I also have considered moving around to like Chattanooga for a change of scenery and its closer to some better wheeling. Tired of doing everything by myself.

xjtony said:
I work half of first shift and all of second. 10am to 11 pm Thursday Saturday Sunday. Works for me, off 4 days a week. But i don't have wife or children
TacomaJD said:
What the hell kind of schedule is that lol, what do you do?

Its an easy schedule! I do computed tomography at a Methodist hospital in Memphis,Tn.

Re:

Shift has sucked assholes this week. 2nd Monday. Mid day shift Tues. Long 2nd Wed. Back to mid day Thurs. And Fri will be full dayshift.

This is really fawking up my sleep and the routine times I normally take dumps....I don't like it.

CHEVEEP_POS said:
What shop do you work at here in Knoxville of you don't mind me asking

He works at a small shop that repairs anal vibrators. He has to test them before they get shipped back. When he farts it sounds like a light breeze blowing. :rolf: :stir: :flipoff1:

CHEVEEP_POS said:
What shop do you work at here in Knoxville of you don't mind me asking

Knox Trailers, 2nd shift foreman.

TacomaJD said:
This is really fawking up my sleep and the routine times I normally take dumps....I don't like it.

molaugh molaugh molaugh

pholmann said:
He works at a small shop that repairs anal vibrators. He has to test them before they get shipped back. When he farts it sounds like a light breeze blowing. :rolf: :stir: :flipoff1:

:flipgotcha: :Joc: