• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

Re: 39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

pachary said:
Don't know if these are the ones you are talking about, but I am running the 44x18-16.5 Boggers. They are made in India and are definitely softer than either a TSL or "normal" bogger.

BUT, they sure the hell ain't no sticky tire either.
c5b554dd01887e7f8278550c9da23e76.jpg

They are not (although I love those tires). Those tires are part of a contract for Indian agriculture and are made of real rubber and are softer than standard swampers.

Interco makes a 42.5x13.5 sticky bogger that makes my pecker hard

Re:

There isn't as much size difference between a 43 sx and 39 red label as one would think...

And considering that you can buy 6 krawlers for what 4 SXs cost, that pretty much makes up my mind...

offroadwerks said:
I love the reds. I did cut a couple sidewalls but since then I've increased psi to 10-11. Have not cut one since... Knock on wood. But increase in tire pressure resulted in the need to revalve shocks. Which is not that hard to do. So 'out of box ' shocks would def not be an issue with bigger squishy tires.

Yes. I run 12-13psi. You only get a sidewall bulge when hitting obstacles. Sitting still they look aired up. Love it.

TBItoy said:
There isn't as much size difference between a 43 sx and 39 red label as one would think...

And considering that you can buy 6 krawlers for what 4 SXs cost, that pretty much makes up my mind...

Man I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. The 43SX dwarfs a 39 Krawler side by side. It's a huge gnarly tire. I'll see if I can get a pic next time I'm out. I'm with you on the price difference though

muddinmetal said:
Someone here please run some sticky boggers :****: Thick sidewalls, thin profile, lighter weight, and damn near an inch of tread depth :driving:
Would love to muddin! Last time u mention them I was on a wild goose chase for months. Just knew that I could find some.. But no way. Unless I get 50 people to order a set from Interco. Hahah. I would love to have them Tho!!! Just like a dam needle in a haystack.

redneckengineered said:
Man I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. The 43SX dwarfs a 39 Krawler side by side. It's a huge gnarly tire. I'll see if I can get a pic next time I'm out. I'm with you on the price difference though

This is true. The 43's are huge when you're standing next to them. I've had ppl ask me if my 39 Reds were 37's! Not that they are small, cuz they do measure dead on 39", it's just folks that aren't educated as much in the offroad world see 43's on every bouncer in the woods, then look at my **** and notice there is a sizable difference in height. I couldn't run 43's on my rig even with how high it sits and cut out fenders. I'd have no room for up travel or turning haha.

Not to mention the weight factor, I was just making the reference of me running them for pure size comparison, not weight lol...my Toyota axles would cry as I was tightening the lug nuts if I was to mount 43's on my rig! molaugh

We have both Reds and SX stickies in our group. I think the larger size of the SX equals out the stickier Red compound. Even if we are in the big rocks there is no consistent winner between the two. I think for us, wheelbase matching the rock spacing makes more of a difference. To me it is just pick the size you need because they are both great tires.

redneckengineered said:
Yes. I run 12-13psi. You only get a sidewall bulge when hitting obstacles. Sitting still they look aired up. Love it.

I guess I was more getting at the fact that 39 reds run true to size and have a square profile vs the SX which run "almost" true to size and are very rounded. The huge aggressive tread profile and narrower carcass than the usual 44 tsl that we got used to seeing for years makes them LOOK even bigger... ( plus the fact that 44 tsls are only like 41" tall on a wheel over 10" wide)

muddinmetal said:
Probably the best overall tire, but we'd never know, cause they're like bigfoot in the south... You're sure they're around somewhere, you just never see them :****:

I love mine. I don't have a problem with sx's but damn they are proud of them. :****:

muddinmetal said:
Probably the best overall tire, but we'd never know, cause they're like bigfoot in the south... You're sure they're around somewhere, you just never see them :****:

Lugs aren't big enough for east coast **** otherwise I'd be all over this tire.

BUG-E J said:
Have you called Scott Goforth?

molaugh

The mtr's lugs round off too much for loose dirt climbs. They stick awesome to rock, and the sidewalks are tough as **** though.

Sawzall said:
We have both Reds and SX stickies in our group. I think the larger size of the SX equals out the stickier Red compound. Even if we are in the big rocks there is no consistent winner between the two. I think for us, wheelbase matching the rock spacing makes more of a difference. To me it is just pick the size you need because they are both great tires.

This is my thoughts as well. I personally have run both and the sx is absolutely a more durable tire. We have cut 3 or 4 reds and never lost an sx in almost 2 years.