• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

TBItoy said:
Does he have magically 50% cheaper SXs??
No but he has been the cheapest on the 43 stickies than anyone else. He has also sold everyone I race with a set and sponsors races that I race in. Just tryin to help :afro:

payne97 said:
why does everybody picking on 39s talked about his big brother 42 red
:flipoff1: 42 reds vs 43 stickies :flipoff1:
just my 2 cents

I think what kills the 42" krawler is the 20" wheel you have to run.

GONOVRIT said:
No doubt! But I'd hate to run a 42" krawler with more sidewall :****:

I agree for sure. Imo if im gonna run a 42"-43" tire it would be a sticky sx.

[derail] I'd like to get a set of the nitto k-spec 40's. Apparently only the who's who of the ultra4 scene can get their hands on em and I've never seen any used for sale. [/derail]

42" Red labels suck compared to a 39" red label. I would run a 37" red label before I would the 42s.

The 43 SX is the best all around tire for wheeling in the south, it will hold up to bouncing and the compound is sticky enough it works good.

Something that drives me crazy is how everyone always bashes the red label for cutting easy. That tire was never designed for the type of wheeling that goes on today, it was designed for crawling around and all the west coast comps they used to have. The tire design has been the same for several years and it won't be changed as far as I know.

wizzo said:
[derail] I'd like to get a set of the nitto k-spec 40's. Apparently only the who's who of the ultra4 scene can get their hands on em and I've never seen any used for sale. [/derail]
Same here. Once realized I was searching for the white whale I picked up a set of treps instead. As for price, anything sticky is high. You gotta pay to play.

Cole said:
42" Red labels suck compared to a 39" red label. I would run a 37" red label before I would the 42s.

The 43 SX is the best all around tire for wheeling in the south, it will hold up to bouncing and the compound is sticky enough it works good.

Something that drives me crazy is how everyone always bashes the red label for cutting easy. That tire was never designed for the type of wheeling that goes on today, it was designed for crawling around and all the west coast comps they used to have. The tire design has been the same for several years and it won't be changed as far as I know.

Agreed. 42 Krawler isn't in the same ballpark. Not sure why. Does BFG have any plans to try and make a tire to go more head to head with the 43 SX or are they content where they're at?

I ran reds for 7 years.Only cut a sidewall once.They worked great. I bought sticky SX's last year. They work damn good. In rock only the reds work best. The SX's work super all around. They are hard on parts, plan to upgrade as they break.

redneckengineered said:
Agreed. 42 Krawler isn't in the same ballpark. Not sure why. Does BFG have any plans to try and make a tire to go more head to head with the 43 SX or are they content where they're at?

No they could care less about the 43" SX or trying to compete with it. I have tried talking to some of the designers and they don't care. They are all about the west coast stuff like KOH and Dessert racing.

Re: Re: 39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

wizzo said:
I agree for sure. Imo if im gonna run a 42"-43" tire it would be a sticky sx.

I have talked to randy (jimmys 4x4 ) and unless you are on the nitto team you can only look but not touch. They have made several varation of the tire to get the right tire.

I have had , in the last year and a half, a new set of BFG 38 red stickies, 42 mtr stickies, 42 bogger stickies, and 43 SX stickies, they have all been mounted on 17 in Racelines. The 43 Sx`s with 5lb of air in them are by far the best tire in the southeast. Im running a 05 Jeep Lj with built 1 tons and a stock 6cyl eng, they will crawl like no other and ride like a dream. :****:

So it's settled....Reds are over-rated from all the fan-boiz, and SX's are for the real men. DONE

Now, while i'm the dumb stupid bastard running hard as rock regular SX's....all the chatter in this thread makes me think the Red guys are the "civics with fart cans" kinda guys and the SX's are the guys that really wheel their ****. Dunno...just an outsider lookin' in perspective. :)

:tc

tonybolton said:
So it's settled....Reds are over-rated from all the fan-boiz, and SX's are for the real men. DONE

but only sticky SXs.

You got them poser tires. Might as well be crusin the mall. :wtflol:

bjeep said:
What is wrong with the 42" reds?

Every set I've seen looked hard as **** and didn't hook up worth a damn (compared to watching 37-39 red label magic)

TBItoy said:
but only sticky SXs.

You got them poser tires. Might as well be crusin the mall. :wtflol:

Every set I've seen looked hard as **** and didn't hook up worth a damn (compared to watching 37-39 red label magic)

I've only been "out-Red'ed" a couple times, but I think if I just had more patience it would've accomplished the same feats. Albeit it in a slightly more throttle/momentum induced state. :)

I would value Coles opinion, he works for the people that makes them, and he has had the 42's and 39's on the same rig, plus I would bet no one has been to more different places and seen as many rigs with every different combo that there is.