• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

I heard the 39's actually have helium built into the tread blocks making them lighter and the SX's have lead in them making them heavier. I read it on the internet so I hold that pretty high on the "fact" chart.

bjeep said:
What is wrong with the 42" reds?

I have a few ideas of why it doesn't work but I won't post on an open forum. To many people read these forums.

Oh the suspense is killing me....

giphy.gif

Coles situation is employer related. I've missed the middle of this thread, but Tony, are you drunk? At first I thought it was satire, but now I'm almost convinced you are as inbred as your posts.

I am all of the above.

I just find it funny that everyone gettin all serious about this is weekend warriors with different rigs...different dimensions....different everything.

Wait...i'm not inbred. I don't drive a Toyota with ice cold A/C. :dblthumb:

tonybolton said:
So it's settled....Reds are over-rated from all the fan-boiz, and SX's are for the real men. DONE

Now, while i'm the dumb stupid bastard running hard as rock regular SX's....all the chatter in this thread makes me think the Red guys are the "civics with fart cans" kinda guys and the SX's are the guys that really wheel their ****. Dunno...just an outsider lookin' in perspective. :)

:tc

I probably log as many hours doing actual trail riding as anyone on this board but that's none of my business so...

If you ask me the majority of the guys running sticky SX tires are the ones that show up at the 5 big events a year to see and be seen. Unload off the trailer, break on the nearest/hardest obstacle in 5 minutes time, then go back to camp and get drunk :****: :woot: :flipoff1:

redneckengineered said:
I probably log as many hours doing actual trail riding as anyone on this board but that's none of my business so...

If you ask me the majority of the guys running sticky SX tires are the ones that show up at the 5 big events a year to see and be seen. Unload off the trailer, break on the nearest/hardest obstacle in 5 minutes time, then go back to camp and get drunk :****: :woot: :flipoff1:

Sounds pretty accurate to me. The SX guys are your video material. The guys who run reds make it look too easy. Wonder why?

Fixed it for you:

zukimaster said:
I would value Coles opinion, he makes the tires works for the people that makes them, and he has had the 42's and 39's on the same rig, plus I would bet no one has been to more different places and seen as many rigs with every different combo that there is.

Shoot, one of my last sets even has his name on a sticker inside the tires.

redneckengineered said:

U forgot to as the 600 dollar burn out!

Part 2.. Which tire has a longer tread life?

I've seen a ton of red's worn all the way down to slicks and very few SX's if any worn down this far. Is it because the SX has a lot more tread depth to give up or do red's just wear down quicker than the others? I've been wheeling a set of treps since the fall of 2011 and they still have a good amount of tread left. Just wondering if I would have already needed a new set of tires had I been running reds.

Someone should set up an 43 vs Red shootout at one of the "Rock" crawling parks to settle this. :fish:

Re: Re: 39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

Sawzall said:
Someone should set up an 43 vs Red shootout at one of the "Rock" crawling parks to settle this. :fish:
I think the only way this could be done, fairly, is to use the same rig, and just change tires/wheels out.