• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (TBD)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIOGweo7nso[/YT]

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IIOGweo7nso?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IIOGweo7nso?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

my pics and vid now up on Youtube

Wes
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIOGweo7nso[/YT]
Fixed!!! :D There's a little YT icon up top, just click on that and stick the URL in there...:awesomework:

A guy was stopped because a rig on a trailer had ORV tabs? That's a load of ****. A rig on a trailer isn't required to have tabs or plates of any kind.:rolleyes:
Did he get any kind of ticket?

He was not stopped because of a lack of tags.

He was stopped because the officer observed the empty trailer earlier in the day. When the officer passed by later, he observed what was now loaded.

The question being, how did that get there when there was no reasonable way to get it there. Ie tagged not plated vehicle driving on roads where plates were required.

But without any proof... as I understand no ticket.

He was stopped because the officer observed the empty trailer earlier in the day. When the officer passed by later, he observed what was now loaded.

The question being, how did that get there when there was no reasonable way to get it there. Ie tagged not plated vehicle driving on roads where plates were required.

:cool:

Oh, and Crash, I need to talk to you about someone's username---it needs changed to "Trail Plug"!!!:redneck: (see last pic...he and his rig is hilighted with a circle!:D)

Your plan failed sucker!:fawkdancesmiley:

[Hijack] Do you have a pipe kinker Kevin?[/Hijack]

*hijack on* I have access to one *hijack off* :redneck:

Well, I was thinkin of buildin' something fancy out of pipe since my rear bumper failed me today, but I think I'll take a lesson from Andy, an take the easy way out, and build it outa square tube.:redneck::fawkdancesmiley:

Which really meant -- lets stir up s**t because we can. We don't have any proof, we cannot prosecute, etc... but why not make the driver tremble.

I'm sorry, but unless you catch someone doing something illegal, you should not be stopped. For all they know, it could have been Snow mobiles, which are supposedly legal. try to figure that one out (since they are orv tabbed)

Which really meant -- lets stir up s**t because we can. We don't have any proof, we cannot prosecute, etc... but why not make the driver tremble.

:haha: This delusional paranoia is sad as first glance......then it's just funny.

I can't wait to hear Sam's side of the story.......should be a moment of entertainment, at least.

I'm sorry, but unless you catch someone doing something illegal, you should not be stopped. For all they know, it could have been Snow mobiles, which are supposedly legal. try to figure that one out (since they are orv tabbed)

The way the officer brought it to Richard and myself was, it was merely an informative stop...and just like any other illegal vehicle on the ROAD would get ticketed if caught ON THE ROAD....SNOWMOBILES CANNOT DRIVE DOWN THE ROAD---Bad example of tryin to discredit the popo, they were in fact doing their job.......Very polite, and willing to talk about the stop in fact...MOST LEO's wouldn't give another person the time of day.

:haha: This delusional paranoia is sad as first glance......then it's just funny.

I can't wait to hear Sam's side of the story.......should be a moment of entertainment, at least.

Lol.. the entertaining part was the look on all of our faces when they arrived... "hmm are we street legal? No! **** LETS GO!"

Even more funny, I knew one thing on his (tow) rig he actually could get cited for, but it was never mentioned by the cops. I'd like to hear Sam tell the story, but from what I gathered, they really were just interested in making sure he and us know that we're not welcome there..

And I would spit out more paranoia things, but that'd be too easy of fodder :fawkdancesmiley:

They were completely cordial with Richard and myself...didn't give off any sign that we weren't welcome there Jakob...:rolleyes: In fact, they did say to just make sure the vehicles partaking in next year's run are plated/street legal...Hell, they could have busted all of us for one reason or another....my take is the ORV tags were the biggest issue they had...Are they gonna pull over an entire group of folks over for rig legality issues---I doubt it, it's possible, but I doubt it. This is only my opinion after having talked with the LEO's under scrutiny....
I too would like to hear Sam's experience first hand as well....:corn:

The way the officer brought it to Richard and myself was, it was merely an informative stop...and just like any other illegal vehicle on the ROAD would get ticketed if caught ON THE ROAD....SNOWMOBILES CANNOT DRIVE DOWN THE ROAD---Bad example of tryin to discredit the popo, they were in fact doing their job.......Very polite, and willing to talk about the stop in fact...MOST LEO's wouldn't give another person the time of day.

Interesting... Richard and I got a nice long talk by an irate snow mobiler claiming that twin lakes road was maintained by their club, and they we were ruining it for them. I wonder if there was any truth to that.

From my understanding, vehicles were allowed on FS roads as long as they weren't marked snow park. I know glacier creek road gets groomed and closed sometime in December, but never thought twin lakes or the other roads had similar treatment. That was what I told the snowmobiler, but he didn't like that answer.

And the take out of this is: ORV tabs suck. Get a plate. :cheer:

Doesn't say closed on here. No "No wheel'd vehicles" sign at the bottom, I call bullshit on that snowmobilier.

Maybe he was thinking you were talking Canyon Creek area? What "club" was he with?

Here is some interesting reading... Looks like my favorite snowmobiling area is illegal...

Hmmm, every snowmobubbler we saw was quite nice, and actually wished us a good time!!! I don't think Twin Lakes is part of the Sno Park, as there was no sign stating so, almost always when a snow club partakes in maintaining a road for the sno park they make sure that there's a plaque/sign letting folks know who it is doing it...Biggest thing is there is no sign (at least not one up that i saw)...
I did see a sign in the gravel parking area for the sno park up Glacier creek Rd...apparently the snowmobiile clubs maintain the parking area also??? who knows, but the sign was waaaaayyy in the back of the lot....

Hmmm, every snowmobubbler we saw was quite nice, and actually wished us a good time!!! I don't think Twin Lakes is part of the Sno Park, as there was no sign stating so, almost always when a snow club partakes in maintaining a road for the sno park they make sure that there's a plaque/sign letting folks know who it is doing it...Biggest thing is there is no sign (at least not one up that i saw)...
I did see a sign in the gravel parking area for the sno park up Glacier creek Rd...apparently the snowmobiile clubs maintain the parking area also??? who knows, but the sign was waaaaayyy in the back of the lot....

heh here is the official statement:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/recreation/snowmobiling.shtml

I think the first guy we ran into was pissed that we effectively made the road open/accessible to wheel'd vehicles, which made it illegal for him to be there. :D

My standing is there was no sign stating 'No Wheeled Vehicles beyond this Point', which would indicate the road in question is in fact Sno Park...I too call Bs...but I can find out from some guys I know that are big into 'bubblin'!!!:redneck:

Well, I was thinkin of buildin' something fancy out of pipe since my rear bumper failed me today, but I think I'll take a lesson from Andy, an take the easy way out, and build it outa square tube.:redneck::fawkdancesmiley:

Take it easy there trail plug!!!!!:fawkdancesmiley: