• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (TBD)

what was the outcome of the stop, any tickets? And as far as breaking trail, ten feet forward back up and do it again:masturbanana[1]:

A guy was stopped because a rig on a trailer had ORV tabs? That's a load of ****. A rig on a trailer isn't required to have tabs or plates of any kind.:rolleyes:
Did he get any kind of ticket?

He was not stopped because of a lack of tags.

He was stopped because the officer observed the empty trailer earlier in the day. When the officer passed by later, he observed what was now loaded.

The question being, how did that get there when there was no reasonable way to get it there. Ie tagged not plated vehicle driving on roads where plates were required.

But without any proof... as I understand no ticket.

Which really meant -- lets stir up s**t because we can. We don't have any proof, we cannot prosecute, etc... but why not make the driver tremble.

I'm sorry, but unless you catch someone doing something illegal, you should not be stopped. For all they know, it could have been Snow mobiles, which are supposedly legal. try to figure that one out (since they are orv tabbed)

No ticket was given,basically just wanted to heckle me and put fear into everyone that what had been done was illegal.

Even though i was never caught on any sort of road at all, just an emptry trailer earlier in the day and then he pulled into the lot as i was just puling out and procede to let me drive a mile down the road before pulling me over where i would be in the way of traffic frickin dork:looser:

Ask for my usuals then asked if i had a plate for the rig which of course i dont and i explained to him why its tagged the way it was and he understood. He went back to his car then came back with a forest service guy who was not the nicest person in the world by far. He was on the verge of yelling at me but didnt. He said that unless you have a plate you arent aloud on any forest service road snow or not. So i mentioned what about snowmobiles they have ORV tags i pay the same fees why cant i use there areas too? His response was that its a desginated snow park :rolleyes: Ok doesnt answer my question i pay the same fees why not? He kinda skirted my question. He then said something i found pretty uninteligent He explained to me that being up there without a plate and if i were to hit somebody on the road that i would be liable for the accident.......hhmmmmm if i hit somebody im liable no matter what genious:looser:

So thats pretty much the gist of it and then they claimed that they were letting me go with a warning even though they couldnt prove anything so a ticket couldnt have been written.

Oh and Jakob mentioned my tow rig, my license plate doesnt have a light for it and never has on my trailer, its been all over the country never been an issue, also my trucks license plate lights are burnt out which i noticed right afterwards:redneck:

All in all Sheriffs are pretty cool forest service needs to pull the stick out of his butt:awesomework:

Wow, not the way FS LEO prtrayed himself at all to us (Richard and me)...I'm sorry for your bad exp with him...although He should have given some better reason than he did for your question....my guess would be that he was just going by the book, and didn't know how to respond to THAT question! (Way to be on your toes!!!)
Like Jakob said, The take on this whole thing is to plate the rig...Hopefully you can.:awesomework::corn:

unless i missed him in one of the pics it looks as if Corey (crazy Daze) didn't get to unleash the 54" Boggers this weekend.......sucks...

looks like it was a good time i wish i would have been able to make it.. i need to get this build done...

:awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework:

unless i missed him in one of the pics it looks as if Corey (crazy Daze) didn't get to unleash the 54" Boggers this weekend.......sucks...

looks like it was a good time i wish i would have been able to make it.. i need to get this build done...

:awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework:

He is scared of those tires. He is still training with 37s.

Good snow run +1

respect for pigs -1

Id have asked for a badge # and name.

Why did he stop you in the first place? He cant just pull you over to blabber about your cargo.

He needs a credible reason to stop you. Otherwise its harrasment.

Why did he stop you in the first place? He cant just pull you over to blabber about your cargo.

Exactly, this is why I was pissed that they didn't just come over in a friendly matter. They also seemed quite serious to Richard when he made a friendly inquiry. If it was some educational matter, they could have handled it MUCH better.

I'm debating reporting this to the Sheriff's department as well as the local FS Ranger. They need to know procedure wasn't followed. I think the reason why Sam got a warning was because if it went on record, it would have shown they didn't have any evidence and decided to use scare tactics instead of cordial education. In short, they should have treated Sam like they treated Kevin and Richard afterward.

Exactly, this is why I was pissed that they didn't just come over in a friendly matter. They also seemed quite serious to Richard when he made a friendly inquiry. If it was some educational matter, they could have handled it MUCH better.

I'm debating reporting this to the Sheriff's department as well as the local FS Ranger. They need to know procedure wasn't followed. I think the reason why Sam got a warning was because if it went on record, it would have shown they didn't have any evidence and decided to use scare tactics instead of cordial education. In short, they should have treated Sam like they treated Kevin and Richard afterward.
The only person that can report anything is Sam...You left, therefore were not a witness, and no one actually heard the conversation between the him and the LEO's...I know the reason they were short with richard, they were focusing on sam when richard came up behind them, neither officer was facing Richard when He walked up to them. When he tried to get their attention, it startled the LEO's, putting them in a position to protect themselves...THAT I saw...and that's why they were short with him initially...and frankly I don't blame them for handling that situation the way they did....and Richard turned around (like he should have) and waited by the Jeep patiently for them to finish...

Good snow run +1

respect for pigs -1

No credable reason just that my cargo had no plates and he assumed where i had been that day, so yes harrasment.

Can i report it even though i didnt get names Jakob?

The only person that can report anything is Sam...You left, therefore were not a witness, and no one actually heard the conversation between the him and the LEO's...I know the reason they were short with richard, they were focusing on sam when richard came up behind them, neither officer was facing Richard when He walked up to them. When he tried to get their attention, it startled the LEO's, putting them in a position to protect themselves...THAT I saw...and that's why they were short with him initially...and frankly I don't blame them for handling that situation the way they did....and Richard turned around (like he should have) and waited by the Jeep patiently for them to finish...

I think i might because it was harrasment made off of assumptions and no proof and i was also pulled over in a very dangerous area instead of approached in the parking lot where he first saw me, not real bright

No credable reason just that my cargo had no plates and he assumed where i had been that day, so yes harrasment.

Can i report it even though i didnt get names Jakob?

I think i might because it was harrasment made off of assumptions and no proof and i was also pulled over in a very dangerous area instead of approached in the parking lot where he first saw me, not real bright

If you make a report and have to go to court what reason are you going to give for you being there if they ask?

Reason for being where? Up there with my rig on the trailer? Thats all that can be proven :awesomework:

That's not the point. They don't have to proove anything if you tell them you were there wheeling. You may want to have a story to tell them that's believable.:;

Take it as it was Sam. Rick have a very valid point and I don't think doing anything further will get ya anywhere except a bunch of waisted time.

So....it is really that bad where if you are dragging a Jeep without plates you get pulled over...WOW...Harasment all the way

That's not the point. They don't have to proove anything if you tell them you were there wheeling. You may want to have a story to tell them that's believable.:;

he needs no story...was pulled over on a road...rig loaded