• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (TBD)

Have fun with that defence if you're ever in that position.:cheer:

what would I be defending myself from...driving down the road hauling my rig....

if this was the case anyone driving down the road could be pulled over and have to defend themselves from any kind of crime with no evidence of them committing a crime

and IF I had to say anything I could just say I was on private property but I wouldn't because this is BS

too bad that he was targeted like that...sounds like profiling

what would I be defending myself from...driving down the road hauling my rig....

if this was the case anyone driving down the road could be pulled over and have to defend themselves from any kind of crime with no evidence of them committing a crime

and IF I had to say anything I could just say I was on private property but I wouldn't because this is BS

too bad that he was targeted like that...sounds like profiling

You missed part of the story.

The cop had pulled into the parking lot earlier, and seen the empty trailers and tow rigs. He then pulled back in just as we were leaving. He knew that we had driven on the road, an seen that Sam had no licence plate, just ORV tabs. But, he was too late to do any ticketing as the burden of proof would be on him. So he knew what happened and just wanted to "inform" Sam, but I agree, he went about it the wrong way.

You missed part of the story.

The cop had pulled into the parking lot earlier, and seen the empty trailers and tow rigs. He then pulled back in just as we were leaving. He knew that we had driven on the road, an seen that Sam had no licence plate, just ORV tabs. But, he was too late to do any ticketing as the burden of proof would be on him. So he knew what happened and just wanted to "inform" Sam, but I agree, he went about it the wrong way.

ooops...still lame though
I hate enviro-nazis

I do understand Binder's point, and why I wouldn't advcate court or anything that extreme. I guess what I was thinking is that you lodge a simple complaint... just something that the sherriff and FS ranger would have on file so they could do better training for the future. A reminder that they cannot pull over vehicles unless they are found to be doing something illegal. And a reminder that many in the 4x4 community help out the Sherrif's dept in the past with tree patrol, search and rescue, helping stranded motorists, etc. It'd be good if they would be a little kinder to us.

That is what I planned on doing, and would support Sam in doing as well. I don't think there is any point in bringing this any further. Now if he had gotten a ticket, that would be a different topic at hand.

I do understand Binder's point, and why I wouldn't advcate court or anything that extreme. I guess what I was thinking is that you lodge a simple complaint... just something that the sherriff and FS ranger would have on file so they could do better training for the future. A reminder that they cannot pull over vehicles unless they are found to be doing something illegal. And a reminder that many in the 4x4 community help out the Sherrif's dept in the past with tree patrol, search and rescue, helping stranded motorists, etc. It'd be good if they would be a little kinder to us.

That is what I planned on doing, and would support Sam in doing as well. I don't think there is any point in bringing this any further. Now if he had gotten a ticket, that would be a different topic at hand.

I kinda figured thats the route you were meaning to go:awesomework:

He was birdwatchin of course. and snowshoein too.

Why did he have an empty trailer in the parking lot?.......
Really a complaint like this would simply be filed and forgotten. In the extreme case something were done say for instance there were other instances of this same officer doing the same thing and writing tickets which turned into complaints then you might have to explain the situation.
Not likely anything would ever become of it.

Last edited:
Ya---- a complaint goes soo far :haha:

Why did he have an empty trailer in the parking lot?.......
Really a complaint like this would simply be filed and forgotten. In the extreme case something were done say for instance there were other instances of this same officer doing the same thing and writing tickets which turned into complaints then you might have to explain the situation.
Not likely anything would ever become of it.

Think again.

I was bitchin in court about a cop once and the judge himself told me to file a compliant against the officer. I asked, why it likely wont do any good?

His response was, well he might not get fired or anything like that but next time he is up for a review for promotion your complaint might let the boss evaluate his performance better and deny a raise.

Then he said, "ya never know it might take 6 complaints to get him fired and maybe he has 5 already".

I filed a complaint and forgot about it.

Three months later I got a call form an investigator wanting to ask me questions about an officer I had complained about. Turned out they were investigating him for other things aswell. Bonus.

Think again.

I filed a complaint and forgot about it.

Three months later I got a call form an investigator wanting to ask me questions about an officer I had complained about. Turned out they were investigating him for other things aswell. Bonus.

This is essentially the same thing I said.:;

haha I think we're on all on the same page here.... Oh seattle, we love to argue even when we're agreeing :haha:

I wonder if anyone's tried to make it up there since Sat????? Today would be an Epic day to try!!!! (yes, it's snowing up here!:D)