• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (TBD)

the snow is finally coming down again. there is a good dusting at 4000......:cheer:this mite be a good date!!!!!:worship::worship:

Bump.

TONIGHT

LIGHT RAIN AND DRIZZLE LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 7000 FEET. LIGHT WIND IN THE PASSES BECOMING WEST NEAR 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SUNDAY

CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN AND DRIZZLE. SNOW LEVEL 8000 FEET. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES IN THE MID 40S. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES NEAR 10 MPH.

SUNDAY NIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN AND DRIZZLE. SNOW LEVEL 7500 FEET. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES 10 TO 15 MPH.

MONDAY

RAIN AND SNOW LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN RAIN AND SNOW IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW LEVEL 7000 FEET. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER 40S. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES NEAR 10 MPH.

MONDAY NIGHT

RAIN AND SNOW IN THE EVENING...THEN SHOWERS LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW LEVEL 6500 FEET...FALLING TO 4500 FEET. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES NEAR 15 MPH.

TUESDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 3500 FEET. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES IN THE UPPER 30S.

TUESDAY NIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 3000 FEET.

WEDNESDAY

RAIN OR SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES. SNOW LEVEL 2500 FEET.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT

RAIN OR SNOW. SNOW LEVEL 2500 FEET.

THURSDAY

RAIN OR SNOW LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 1500 FEET.

THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 1000 FEET.

FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 1000 FEET OR LESS.

Course, the day I'm goin over the pass, 1000 foot snow level.:mad:

yaah.. umm twin lakes might not be happening. I need to get a list of whos still planning on coming. Post up here!

but right now, if the snow level is at or below 2000ft, that means WSDOT will be putting up a berm. It also means there will be > 5' of snow at the top. If forcasts hold out for next weekend, a snow run at Northfork.. or hell even Sumas would be interesting.

yaah.. umm twin lakes might not be happening. I need to get a list of whos still planning on coming. Post up here!

but right now, if the snow level is at or below 2000ft, that means WSDOT will be putting up a berm. It also means there will be > 5' of snow at the top. If forcasts hold out for next weekend, a snow run at Northfork.. or hell even Sumas would be interesting.

Now this is sounding like fun :awesomework:

yaah.. umm twin lakes might not be happening.

that means WSDOT will be putting up a berm. It also means there will be > 5' of snow at the top.

Is the road closed to motorized vehicles when they put a berm up to block it?

That road is a wierd one, cause it is totally surrounded by wilderness, but the road itself is excempt from wilderness. FS site says its open though:

Twin Lakes 11/09/2010: PARTIAL Snow level 2500 feet, mile marker unknown.
High clearance recommended past Yellow Aster Butte Trailhead at MP 4.5.
Gravel
One Lane

I'm still in for whatever, Last year I called a few places around maple falls and such and asked about the berm height. The plow station is really quite low down, unless it snows a ton i doubt the berm well be more that a foot or 2. If anyone heads that direction make sure to scope it out.

I'm out. I currently have a fuel issue going on and will be tracking it down before I do anything. Enjoy, 5+' of snow would be no fun for me.... :hi:

Im still in pending I get my rear axle put back together. The holloween run Kiked my but.:masturbanana[1]:

Went up yesterday to 4200' and there was not much snow. Today its warming to 6000' so it'll melt off a little bit.

So Its On, and Saturday should look BEAUTIFUL! Its slated to be clear and f'in COLD. (probably in the teens / -teens C up there)

Here is a video of me going through snow around 4000' yesterday.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGvGrtS9NVU[/YT]

Went up yesterday to 4200' and there was not much snow. Today its warming to 6000' so it'll melt off a little bit.

So Its On, and Saturday should look BEAUTIFUL! Its slated to be clear and f'in COLD. (probably in the teens / -teens C up there)

Here is a video of me going through snow around 4000' yesterday.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGvGrtS9NVU[/YT]

Very nice Jacob, I feel bad for the person you left behind :hi:

Wish I could make it, but a fuel issue is something I don't want to mess with at below freezing... Rock on. :awesomework: